Nationals Suspend Papelbon Four Games For Harper Incident

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Nationals Suspend Papelbon Four Games For Harper Incident 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:09 pm

The Washington Nationals have suspended Jonathan Papelbon for four games without pay for his role in a dugout incident during which he choked teammate Bryce Harper.

The team suspension will kick in on Thursday after Papelbon first serves a three-game suspension that was levied by Major League Baseball.

Papelbon had been appealing the league's suspension, which stemmed from him throwing up and in at Manny Machado, but he has since dropped the appeal.

"The behavior exhibited by Papelbon yesterday is not acceptable," Mike Rizzo said in a statement. "That is not at all in line with the way our players are expected to conduct themselves and the Nationals organization will not tolerate it in any way."

Via Eddie Matz/ESPN

Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,791

Re: Nationals Suspend Papelbon Four Games For Harper Incident 

Post#2 » by Dennis 37 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:13 am

Harper, who is an MVP candidate, acts completely unprofessional in his unwillingness to run out a pop up. While Papelbon gets the suspension, Harper seems to get rewarded for trying to defend the indefensible.

Next time maybe Harper will think twice about his base running responsibilities.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Re: Nationals Suspend Papelbon Four Games For Harper Incident 

Post#3 » by The_Hater » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:02 am

Dennis 37 wrote:Harper, who is an MVP candidate, acts completely unprofessional in his unwillingness to run out a pop up. While Papelbon gets the suspension, Harper seems to get rewarded for trying to defend the indefensible.

Next time maybe Harper will think twice about his base running responsibilities.

Harper did run out the pop up. He even touched first base. I think Pap was questioning him for not running as hard as he possibly could.

Considering that not running as hard as possible happens several times a game with all kinds of different players, I'm not exactly sure how that's worse than Pap berating Harper and then attacking him in the dogout. Even Ignoring the fact that Harper is the teams best player, you've got a weird sense of where to lay the blame on this one.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion