Joe Maddon Defends Use Of Aroldis Chapman

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Joe Maddon Defends Use Of Aroldis Chapman 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:24 pm

After Aroldis Chapman said Cubs manager Joe Maddon misused him during the playoffs, Maddon on Friday defended his usage of the closer during the team's World Series run.

Chapman admitted he never voiced his concerns to his manager, but stated he had a specific problem that he was sent out in the ninth inning of Game 6 of the World Series, despite a seven-run Chicago lead.

Via ESPN.com

The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Re: Joe Maddon Defends Use Of Aroldis Chapman 

Post#2 » by The_Hater » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:38 pm

Madden can dig his heels in all he wants but he made a terrible decision in game 6 and burned Chapman out for game 7 in the process. And Chapman lack of a fastball and effectiveness in game 7 contradicts Maddens opinion. Why is it still impossible for some people to just say hey, I made a mistake. Happy it worked out anyways.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
mawbsta
Senior
And1: 46

Re: Joe Maddon Defends Use Of Aroldis Chapman 

Post#3 » by mawbsta » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:23 pm

The_Hater wrote:Madden can dig his heels in all he wants but he made a terrible decision in game 6 and burned Chapman out for game 7 in the process. And Chapman lack of a fastball and effectiveness in game 7 contradicts Maddens opinion. Why is it still impossible for some people to just say hey, I made a mistake. Happy it worked out anyways.

Game 6 win
Game 7 win

end of story

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion