Madison Bumgarner Calls Dirt Bike Accident 'Freak Deal'

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Madison Bumgarner Calls Dirt Bike Accident 'Freak Deal' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:38 pm

Madison Bumgarner called his recent dirt bike accident a "freak deal" and took some responsibility for his poor decision.

Bumgarner was nearly finished with a two-hour ride in the mountains outside Denver when his rented dirt bike slipped on the trail. The left-hander bruised ribs and sprained the AC joint in his pitching shoulder.

"I'm not exactly sure what happened. It was a surprise to me, too," said Bumgarner, who is an experienced rider. "I wish I had some kind of cool story for you that it was some kind of crazy wreck, but it really wasn't anything spectacular, just super unfortunate. I was actually being pretty safe the whole time; it was just a freak deal. It happened right at the end. That's really it. Like I said, I wish I had some kind of good story to tell everybody, but I don't."

Bumgarner doesn't believe he has structural damage in his shoulder, but a timetable for his return and whether or not he'll need surgery remains in question.

"It's terrible. Obviously that was not my intentions when I set out to enjoy the off day. I realize that's definitely not the most responsible decision I've made," Bumgarner said. "It sucks not being able to be out here with my guys and try to help us win some games. It's just very unfortunate. I've talked to a lot [of] them. They know where I'm at, and everybody's been super supportive, too -- the organization, the guys, everything."

Via Associated Press

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion