Manny Machado Would Move Back To Third For \'Right Contract\'

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 177

Manny Machado Would Move Back To Third For \'Right Contract\' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:19 pm

Manny Machado wants to play shortstop, but he may be willing to move back to third base for the \"right contract.\"

That\'s what Machado\'s longtime friend and coach Bobby Dickerson told the Philadelphia Inquirer.

\"I think if the contract is right, he would [move to third]. It may have to go an extra $5 million, or more, or whatever to get him out of [shortstop]. But if the contract is right, I think he would go to third,\" Dickerson said.

Machado was drafted as a shortstop before moving to third as a Major League rookie. He moved back to shortstop full-time in 2018.

Via Scott Lauber/Philadelphia Inquirer

donemilio21
Sixth Man
And1: 204

Re: Manny Machado Would Move Back To Third For \'Right Contract\' 

Post#2 » by donemilio21 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:52 pm

"he'll play 3rd to get a contract"
his options at SS is dwindling and it doesnt look like there many teams looking for 3B out there either, at least not those who are willing to spend the money he is looking for.
I do not believe Machado justifies $30 million a year. maybe $20M.
IWishIWasHarden
Pro Prospect
And1: 72

Post#3 » by IWishIWasHarden » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:13 pm

This guy keeps making the news for a sense of entitlement. Ironically, the fiscal Republicans at the top who are just like him have no pity, so he won't get a thing.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 924

Post#4 » by bringinhinkie » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:45 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:This guy keeps making the news for a sense of entitlement. Ironically, the fiscal Republicans at the top who are just like him have no pity, so he won't get a thing.

he didn't say it

this is the narrative the media wants to create whether it is true or not

im not a machado guy, but the media will take quotes NOT said by an individual, to fool the readers into thinking the player actually said it (in addition to taking snippets of what they HAVE said over tons and tons of interviews, and creating their own context rather than context within THAT interview)

sports media = gossiping dorks/leaches
the_process
RealGM
And1: 4,020

Post#5 » by the_process » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:50 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:This guy keeps making the news for a sense of entitlement. Ironically, the fiscal Republicans at the top who are just like him have no pity, so he won't get a thing.

This myth really needs to stop. The fiscal elite are not just Republicans. And they're not redistributing their wealth. They're redistributing yours.
HartfordWhalers wrote:The Tobias Harris trade was set your pants on fire while wearing them bad at the time. And still is.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 4,020

Post#6 » by the_process » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:53 pm

Why are they quoting Machado's friend? This sounds to me like negotiating through the media prior to his visit to Philly.

The Phillies are going to throw a 300M+ contract at him. I have no idea the term. He'll be fine playing 3B.
HartfordWhalers wrote:The Tobias Harris trade was set your pants on fire while wearing them bad at the time. And still is.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion