O\'s Chris Davis Snaps MLB 0-For-54 Record

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
Posts: 62,593
And1: 169
Joined: Mar 19, 2013

O\'s Chris Davis Snaps MLB 0-For-54 Record 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:59 pm

Baltimore\'s Chris Davis ended an MLB-record 0-for-54 skid with his first hit of the season Saturday, dropping in a two-run single in the first inning off Boston Red Sox starter Rick Porcello.

Davis clapped his hands and called for the ball after reaching base to end the longest hitless streak by a non-pitcher in major league history. It began last season on Sept 15, 2018.

Via espn.com

TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 6,677
And1: 111
Joined: Aug 22, 2001
Location: NY
         

Re: O\'s Chris Davis Snaps MLB 0-For-54 Record 

Post#2 » by TheCage4 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:37 pm

Congrats to Chris Davis for finally finding his stroke. He has been nothing short of a true professional during this dubious streak.

To be booed before you step into the batters box, and cheered when you’re benched, he still maintained a level of respect to both the fans and the game.

I hope he finds continued success now that the proverbial monkey is off his back.
KGdaBom
Head Coach
Posts: 6,863
And1: 1,428
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: O\'s Chris Davis Snaps MLB 0-For-54 Record 

Post#3 » by KGdaBom » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:00 am

TheCage4 wrote:Congrats to Chris Davis for finally finding his stroke. He has been nothing short of a true professional during this dubious streak.

To be booed before you step into the batters box, and cheered when you’re benched, he still maintained a level of respect to both the fans and the game.

I hope he finds continued success now that the proverbial monkey is off his back.

He was once one of the more feared power hitters in the league. Watching him bat I didn't see him doing anything wrong other than getting bad results.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 6,677
And1: 111
Joined: Aug 22, 2001
Location: NY
         

Re: O\'s Chris Davis Snaps MLB 0-For-54 Record 

Post#4 » by TheCage4 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:12 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
TheCage4 wrote:Congrats to Chris Davis for finally finding his stroke. He has been nothing short of a true professional during this dubious streak.

To be booed before you step into the batters box, and cheered when you’re benched, he still maintained a level of respect to both the fans and the game.

I hope he finds continued success now that the proverbial monkey is off his back.

He was once one of the more feared power hitters in the league. Watching him bat I didn't see him doing anything wrong other than getting bad results.


He undoubtedly has declined since his contract extension. Perhaps it is too much pressure living up to the big $? Hopefully he can find some success moving forward.
KGdaBom
Head Coach
Posts: 6,863
And1: 1,428
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: O\'s Chris Davis Snaps MLB 0-For-54 Record 

Post#5 » by KGdaBom » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:15 pm

TheCage4 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
TheCage4 wrote:Congrats to Chris Davis for finally finding his stroke. He has been nothing short of a true professional during this dubious streak.

To be booed before you step into the batters box, and cheered when you’re benched, he still maintained a level of respect to both the fans and the game.

I hope he finds continued success now that the proverbial monkey is off his back.

He was once one of the more feared power hitters in the league. Watching him bat I didn't see him doing anything wrong other than getting bad results.


He undoubtedly has declined since his contract extension. Perhaps it is too much pressure living up to the big $? Hopefully he can find some success moving forward.

Hey followed up the hit with a homer. Keep it up Chris.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion