Raisel Iglesias: Reds Using Me \'Horribly Wrong\'

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Raisel Iglesias: Reds Using Me \'Horribly Wrong\' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue May 7, 2019 12:20 pm

Raisel Iglesias has a 4.86 ERA for the Cincinnati Reds in 16 2/3 innings this season.

His last three outings have resulted in two losses and a blown save. Twice in those appearances, Iglesias entered into a tie game and allowed the go-ahead run.

\"You can see the other closers, they don\'t pitch in tie games,\" Iglesias told The Cincinnati Enquirer. \"I\'m the only one who comes in tie games and I\'ve given up homers and I\'m losing some games. I feel really bad.

\"I already have five losses, something that hasn\'t happened (to anyone else) in the big leagues. Five losses in the first month of ball. That shouldn\'t be like that.\"

\"The way they are using me is horribly wrong,\" he said. 

Via Mike Axisa/CBS Sports

TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Re: Raisel Iglesias: Reds Using Me \'Horribly Wrong\' 

Post#2 » by TheCage4 » Tue May 7, 2019 10:22 pm

You’re paid to pitch and get outs. Tie game or not, you’re failing on all levels.

Maybe the Reds are using you horribly wrong because they use you and have lost 5 times because of it.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
MAC1987
Starter
And1: 526

Re: Raisel Iglesias: Reds Using Me \'Horribly Wrong\' 

Post#3 » by MAC1987 » Wed May 8, 2019 11:36 am

TheCage4 wrote:You’re paid to pitch and get outs. Tie game or not, you’re failing on all levels.

Maybe the Reds are using you horribly wrong because they use you and have lost 5 times because of it.

He wouldn't last long on the Brewers with the way their coach handles pitching.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion