Dallas Keuchel Still Holding Out For Fair Contract

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Dallas Keuchel Still Holding Out For Fair Contract 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed May 8, 2019 12:01 pm

Dallas Keuchel remains unsigned and says he is not going to settle until he gets what he believes to be a fair market value.

\"If you would\'ve asked me on the first day of free agency, I would have said no way I\'d be here on May 6,\" Keuchel said. \"Am I the best at this point in time? No. But am I more than or better than some of the offers I\'ve been given? Absolutely. That\'s not me being greedy. That\'s just my compensation in the market from what the analytical data is telling me. I didn\'t come up with this. The front offices came up with this. So now they\'re trying to tell me I\'m less than what the analytical data is saying. How is that possible?\"

The 31-year-old had a 3.74 ERA and 153 strikeouts in 204 2/3 innings last season. Keuchel says he\'s turned down a number of offers brought to him by agent Scott Boras.

\"It\'s not just the front offices who have all these numbers,\" Keuchel said. \"Players and agencies now have the access and the knowledge to do the same thing. My asking price and my due diligence is not just out of left field. It has come to me through my own career path, my own career numbers, and then what my market is valued at this point in time. To this point it hasn\'t been matched. It\'s been less than what it should be. And this is out of principle, what\'s going on right now. I can\'t speak for other players. It\'s a principle for me. I\'m not asking for the world.\"

Via Tim Brown/Yahoo! Sports

The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Re: Dallas Keuchel Still Holding Out For Fair Contract 

Post#2 » by The_Hater » Wed May 8, 2019 1:33 pm

If 0/30 teams are offering you the contract you think is FMV, then that number you have in your head isn't FMV. Duh.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,694

Re: Dallas Keuchel Still Holding Out For Fair Contract 

Post#3 » by the_process » Thu May 9, 2019 12:17 pm

Keuchel apparently doesn't understand the concept of fair market value. Sometimes commodities are over or under priced from where "they should be analytically". Emotion can be a market driver as well. Dallas, you're getting older and losing some juice. You don't get paid for what you did, you get paid for what you can do going forward.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion