Vin Scully: \'We Can Certainly Fight Through\' COVID-19 Pandemic

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Vin Scully: \'We Can Certainly Fight Through\' COVID-19 Pandemic 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:35 pm

Vin Scully has been hunkered down at home during the coronavirus pandemic, but spoke to the Los Angeles Times about the strange times we are living in.

A veteran of 67 years in the broadcast booth, Scully also grew up during the Great Depression and lived through World War II.

\"Among other things I remember my mother would feed me something that would fill me up and didn\'t cost very much, I remember having pancakes for dinner and a lot of spaghetti,\" Scully said. \"We didn\'t have any money anyway … meat was hard to come by … we bit the bullet.\"

\"From depths of depression we fought our way through World War II, and if we can do that, we can certainly fight through this. I remember how happy and relieved and thrilled everybody was … when they signed the treaty with Japan, and the country just danced from one way or another. It\'s the life of the world, the ups and downs, this is a down, we\'re going to have to realistically accept it at what it is and we\'ll get out of it, that\'s all there is to it, we will definitely get out of it.\"

Via Bill Plaschke/L.A. Times

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion