Clayton Kershaw: World Series Win Makes Past Woes \'Pointless\'

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Clayton Kershaw: World Series Win Makes Past Woes \'Pointless\' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:32 pm

The Los Angeles Dodgers have won their first World Series title since 1988.

It took him 13 years in the Major Leagues, but Clayton Kershaw is finally a champion.

\"I was trying to take it all in, as best I could,\" Kershaw said. \"You never really script what you\'re going to do or how you\'re going to feel. It was just a content feeling -- just like, the job is done. We won. We did it. We won our race, and it\'s over. And we completed our mission. Just a feeling of contentment, joy. And then to get to see the guys and how happy everybody was.\"

Kershaw went 2-0 with a 2.31 ERA over 11 2/3 innings in two World Series starts this year, striking out 14 and walking three. He entered this year just 9-11 in postseason play, with poor outings in a pair of World Series Game 5s that resulted in a 2017 no-decision and a 2018 defeat.

\"I don\'t care about legacy. I don\'t care about what happened last year. I don\'t care about what people think. I don\'t care at all, man,\'\' Kershaw said. \"We won the World Series. The 2020 Dodgers won the World Series. It\'s like, who cares about all that other stuff? To be a part of that team, all that other stuff is just pointless.\"

Via ESPN

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion