Marlins Hire Kim Ng As General Manager

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Marlins Hire Kim Ng As General Manager 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:56 pm

The Miami Marlins have hired Kim Ng as general manager.

Ng will be the first female and first Asian American general manager.

Ng was previously assistant general manager for the New York Yankees and Los Angeles Dodgers. For the past nine years, Ng was MLB\'s senior vice president of basketball operations.

The Marlins did not retain Michael Hill after the 2020 season.

\"On behalf of Principal Owner Bruce Sherman and our entire ownership group, we look forward to Kim bringing a wealth of knowledge and championship-level experience to the Miami Marlins,\" Marlins CEO Derek Jeter said in a statement. \"Her leadership of our baseball operations team will play a major role on our path toward sustained success. Additionally, her extensive work in expanding youth baseball and softball initiatives will enhance our efforts to grow the game among our local youth as we continue to make a positive impact on the South Florida community.\"

\"I entered Major League Baseball as an intern and, after decades of determination, it is the honor of my career to lead the Miami Marlins as their next General Manager,\" Ng said in a statement. \"We are building for the long term in South Florida, developing a forward-thinking, collaborative, creative baseball operation made up of incredibly talented and dedicated staff who have, over the last few years, laid a great foundation for success.

\"This challenge is one I don\'t take lightly. When I got into this business, it seemed unlikely a woman would lead a Major League team, but I am dogged in the pursuit of my goals. My goal is now to bring Championship baseball to Miami. I am both humbled and eager to continue building the winning culture our fans expect and deserve.\"

Via ESPN

TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 509

Re: Marlins Hire Kim Ng As General Manager 

Post#2 » by TheCage4 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:10 pm

Not nearly enough exposure for this historical hiring. Not only have the Marlins broke the gender barrier, they’ve also hired a woman of Asian decent.

Congrats to Jeter & Co. for taking the leap. I wish them all the success.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion