Francisco Lindor Open To Long-Term Deal With Mets

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Francisco Lindor Open To Long-Term Deal With Mets 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:11 pm

Francisco Lindor said Monday that he\'s open to a long-term deal with the New York Mets, who acquired him in a trade with the Cleveland Indians last week.

\"To all of those fans out there, I live life day by day. I\'m extremely happy and excited about what\'s happening right now, but I haven\'t really sat down and talked to anybody,\" Lindor said. \"Yeah, I had the welcoming conversations and I can\'t wait. I\'ve never been against an extension. I\'ve never been against signing long-term. I\'m sure my agent along with the Mets group, they\'ll have conversations.\"

Lindor, 27, has already talked with owner Steve Cohen, team president Sandy Alderson and general manager Jared Porter.

If the two sides do work out an extension, it will likely have to come before Opening Day.

\"I have never negotiated a contract during a season,\" he said. \"Never. I\'ve always said before spring training, but once it gets to a point in spring training, it\'s time to enjoy the ride and focus on winning and that\'s the only thing I should be focusing on, not how much money I\'m going to get.\"

Via David Schoenfield/ESPN

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion