Curt Schilling Requests Removal From Writers\' HOF Ballot

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Curt Schilling Requests Removal From Writers\' HOF Ballot 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:45 pm

After he didn\'t receive the required 75% of votes for enshrinement in Cooperstown, Curt Schilling asked to be removed from the writers\' ballot next year in a lengthy Facebook post.

\"I will not participate in the final year of voting. I am requesting to be removed from the ballot. I\'ll defer to the veterans committee and men whose opinions actually matter and who are in a position to actually judge a player,\" Schilling wrote. \"I don\'t think I\'m a hall of famer as I\'ve often stated but if former players think I am then I\'ll accept that with honor.\"

Hall of Fame board chairman Jane Forbes Clark said in a statement that the board \"will consider the request at our next meeting.\"

Via Bradford Doolittle/ESPN

Theo Ratliff
Pro Prospect
And1: 718

Re: Curt Schilling Requests Removal From Writers\' HOF Ballot 

Post#2 » by Theo Ratliff » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:01 pm

The most clutch pitcher in postseason history. It's a shame how many nerds care about an athletes political views.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#3 » by LloydFree » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:49 pm

Curt Schilling is a POS. I hope he never gets in to the Hall of Fame.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#4 » by TheCage4 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:11 pm

You have to separate personality from performance. This man should be in the Hall of Fame. Keep him on the ballot.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion