Marlins GM Kim Ng Says \'Failure Is Not An Option For Me\'

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Marlins GM Kim Ng Says \'Failure Is Not An Option For Me\' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:50 pm

Kim Ng feels as though she has no option but to succeed as the general manager of the Miami Marlins.

The Marlins hired Ng as the first female general manager in October.

\"Failure is not an option for me,\" Ng says.

Derek Jeter, baseball\'s first Black CEO, reached out to her regarding the Miami job.

\"All she needed was an opportunity,\" said Jeter, who played with the New York Yankees when Ng worked for the club. \"Everyone talked about how historic it was, but I didn\'t make this decision to be historic. I made this decision because it was the best decision for the organization.\"

Ng, 52, played stickball as a grade-schooler in New York City and softball at the University of Chicago.

Via Associated Press

TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 516

Re: Marlins GM Kim Ng Says \'Failure Is Not An Option For Me\' 

Post#2 » by TheCage4 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:39 pm

In the professional world, failure is not an option for anyone if they want to maintain their employment, no matter race or gender.

I understand the significance of her hiring, and I truly wish her the best, but once the first pitch is thrown the only thing that matters is W’s.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Re: Marlins GM Kim Ng Says \'Failure Is Not An Option For Me\' 

Post#3 » by TimeisIllmatic » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:23 am

I think she will do well and build that team up within the next 5 years.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion