Zack Greinke Hopes Astros\' Wins Will Silence Boos

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Zack Greinke Hopes Astros\' Wins Will Silence Boos 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Apr 2, 2021 11:39 am

Zack Greinke pitched six shutout innings as the Houston Astros beat the Oakland Athletics on Opening Day.

A\'s fans had to wait a year to properly boo the Astros, who were supposed to play their first road game of the 2020 season in Oakland last spring before the coronavirus pandemic altered the schedule.

Houston\'s sign-stealing scandal was brought to light by A\'s right-hander Mike Fiers against his former club, and many in the crowd at the Coliseum chanted \"cheaters!\"

Fans also booed the Astros during pregame introductions, and some held up signs with trash cans on them.

\"Got to hear some boos, finally. That wasn\'t fun to listen to, I didn\'t think, but we played good so it didn\'t matter,\" Greinke said. \"Hopefully we\'ll keep playing good and it won\'t be as big of an issue.\"

Via ESPN

xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,372

Re: Zack Greinke Hopes Astros\' Wins Will Silence Boos 

Post#2 » by xinxin » Fri Apr 2, 2021 12:05 pm

Hmm. No.

The league should have revoked their WS ring. They didn’t deserve it

Until such time, they’ll continue to be hated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,239

Re: Zack Greinke Hopes Astros\' Wins Will Silence Boos 

Post#3 » by The Lamma » Fri Apr 2, 2021 5:28 pm

They're still up to no good, yesterday's home plate ump was paid off

He blew at least 20 ball/strike calls all in the Astros favor

It's not my "opinion," it's where the balls were clearly located in the strike zone graphic

I don't care if the final score was a blowout, the game was close most of the way, and his obvious bad strike calling was making A's hitters chase other bad pitches as a result. After that is when the game got out of reach. Toward the end of the game, Canha and Olson went off on him for more bad calls

Chit like that is such a turn off watching pro sports, makes you feel stupid for wasting your time watching

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion