Carlos Correa Planning For Free Agency, Seeks \'Big, Long Contract\'

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Carlos Correa Planning For Free Agency, Seeks \'Big, Long Contract\' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Apr 2, 2021 11:45 am

Carlos Correa says he hasn\'t seriously discussed a long-term deal with the Houston Astros and plans to seek a big payday in free agency next offseason.

\"We were not close at all. There were not really any negotiations,\" Correa said. \"It\'s another year with the Houston Astros. I\'m going to go out there, give it my best and try to bring another championship to this city.\"

Correa said last week he turned down a $120 million, six-year offer and said Thursday he also declined a $125 million, five-year pact.

\"The relationship is great. There are no hard feelings,\" Correa said. \"It\'s a business. They made it very clear to me, they said: \'We don\'t believe in long contracts. We don\'t believe in big contracts.\' So once I hit free agency I\'m going to look out for a big, long contract. They made it very clear that they don\'t believe in that.\"

Via Associated Press

giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Re: Carlos Correa Planning For Free Agency, Seeks \'Big, Long Contract\' 

Post#2 » by giannis and 1 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 12:20 am

pause
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Re: Carlos Correa Planning For Free Agency, Seeks \'Big, Long Contract\' 

Post#3 » by TheCage4 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:27 pm

It appears that this kid believes he’s in the same tier as Tatis Jr and Lindor. He’s not. Best of luck to him finding a team that shares his personal beliefs.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion