EA Sports Won't Produce College Football Video Game

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

EA Sports Won't Produce College Football Video Game 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:40 pm

EA Sports will not produce their college football video games as legal battles over the use of college athletes continues.

The announcement from the company came after the Southeastern Conference, Big Ten and Pac-12 joined the NCAA last month in saying they would no longer license their conference trademarks in the game.

Via ESPN

bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Re: EA Sports Won't Produce College Football Video Game 

Post#2 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:45 pm

The kids wanna make their college career professional because in todays nfl , their cba is not player friendly.
rpn123321
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#3 » by rpn123321 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:40 pm

I'm glad EA isn't putting the game out. Now they aren't exclusive in making a college football game, and other companies can possibly come in and make a better one. EA has been garbage for about half a decade. Although I admit I still play NCAA Football on the PS2 from 2009 season.

As far as the NCAA players, what a joke they are becoming. Are they forgetting that just about all of them are on scholarships which pay your entire college bills just so you can play football for that school? This shouldn't be an issue. They can receive a bachelors in any field they go for, and all they have to do is play football for five years ( have to redshirt a year most times) The ones that go on to the NFL make millions, and the ones that don't have a degree and can get a very well paying job hopefully.
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#4 » by 23artest23 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:07 pm

rpn123321 wrote:I'm glad EA isn't putting the game out. Now they aren't exclusive in making a college football game, and other companies can possibly come in and make a better one. EA has been garbage for about half a decade. Although I admit I still play NCAA Football on the PS2 from 2009 season.

As far as the NCAA players, what a joke they are becoming. Are they forgetting that just about all of them are on scholarships which pay your entire college bills just so you can play football for that school? This shouldn't be an issue. They can receive a bachelors in any field they go for, and all they have to do is play football for five years ( have to redshirt a year most times) The ones that go on to the NFL make millions, and the ones that don't have a degree and can get a very well paying job hopefully.

I can second that. It thrills me that EA won't be making $$$ off the backs of college athletes. If only the exclusive rights to produce NFL games would disappear as well. The NFL2k series was always better than Madden and I'd love to see it return.

I disagree with you on the athlete and scholarships. The truth is that once you graduate, good jobs for a graduate are few and far between. I graduated about 30 months ago and I know from experience, it takes a lot of hard work and likely some luck to get a good job. For every good job available, the amounts of applicants has multiplied thus making it hard to land the job. Additionally, quite a bit of well qualified and experienced folks are in the mix as well. Many of these well qualified individuals have been laid off and are competing with young grads for good jobs. I carried a 3.8 gpa. 30 months after graduating, I just took a job paying $10.15/hour with insurance making plastic parts for Honda vehicles. This is after being treated like dirt as a temp for 9 months at Nestle at 9 per hour. I haven't settled for these jobs because that us what I want or deserve. I've settled because they were best jobs available at the time. I'm also in severe debt over college and cannot even begin to pay it off. My loans are in default and it is not because I had no intentions of paying it back but rather because I can't find a job that pays enough to do so. Granted, scholarship athletes won't deal with that but it shows the conditions surrounding a college education right now. The value of a college education right now (and in some years past) is far below the price tag. If I could return my education to get rid of these loans, I'd do it at the drop of a dime. While the scholarships help in that regard, my main points are that

A) College education is overpriced
B) College education promises nothing but debt to those without scholarships

Additionally, the money generated for the NCAA off the backs of these so called student athletes is so far beyond the value of a scholarship to any university. This is one of the big reasons that the NCAA is scrambling to cover their rear ends and figure out a different operating model in regards to college athletics. EDIT: I apologize for all these typos. I'm using a Windows phone thus its a pain to go back to edit.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion