Irvin: Josh Gordon Was Hurt By Trade Rumors, Wants To Be With Browns

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Irvin: Josh Gordon Was Hurt By Trade Rumors, Wants To Be With Browns 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:47 pm

Josh Gordon has had a breakout second season, but was the subject of trade rumors at the deadline, which was unsettling for him.

Gordon is averaging 127.3 receiving yards per game for the Cleveland Browns.

"I had to talk him off the ledge, so to speak, when they were talking about trading him," NFL Media's Michael Irvin revealed on Thursday's edition of the "M&M Podcast." "He was so hurt and crushed. I was like, 'Man, you are the only property of value.' But he said he wants to be in Cleveland and wants to win in Cleveland, so I respect that."

Via Chris Wesseling/NFL.com

IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Re: Irvin: Josh Gordon Was Hurt By Trade Rumors, Wants To Be 

Post#2 » by IWishIWasHarden » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:38 pm

Well, I'm assuming the reason why he might have been traded was because the Browns were worried about his behavioural problems and having two strikes.

His football has been amazing and has really proved a point, but that is also missing the point.

The Browns never doubted his talent. It was just a question of the talent to behaviour ratio and whether it was worth the risk.

Hopefully Gordon didn't just answer by stepping up his game on the field, but also toned down his off the field antics. If not, he wont be on the field for a long time.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion