Football Fans In Oregon Lobbying Governor To Pursue NFL Team

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 296

Football Fans In Oregon Lobbying Governor To Pursue NFL Team 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 5, 2014 11:10 pm

Football fans in Oregon are collecting signatures for a petition for governor John Kitzhaber to explore the possibility of bringing an NFL team to the state.

“Bringing an NFL team to Oregon would dramatically increase the footprint of this state, bring tax revenue, create jobs and create a multi-use venue that would increase tourism. Portland is the nation's largest metropolitan area that is served by only one of the Big Three Major League sports organizations,” the petition reads.

The website of the group features fans of the Oakland Raiders and points out that they could be a team interested in relocating.

Twelve NFL cities have smaller TV markets than Portland.

Via Travis Pittman/KGW

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Football Fans In Oregon Lobbying Governor To Pursue NFL 

Post#2 » by Neddy » Thu Mar 6, 2014 4:32 am

hot damn, as much as i respect the history of Oakland and its football roots for the Raiders, I would love to have them move up here.

Raiders were in LA when I was growing up in LA, was blessed to watch Bo Jackson run over people in my high school days. when I moved to San Francisco for my graduate school work, the Raiders had moved back to the OakTown for me to enjoy them thoroughly. Now that I have become a middle aged family man here in Oregon, I would love nothing more than my favorite football franchise to move up here, as i would definitely sign up for season tickets for a family of 4 in a heartbeat.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion