Dennis Allen Believes Schaub 'On Par' With Peyton, Rivers, Smith

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Dennis Allen Believes Schaub 'On Par' With Peyton, Rivers, Smith 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:09 pm

The Oakland Raiders are bullish on the abilities of Matt Schaub, who was acquired this offseason for a late round pick.

"We have a quarterback now that’s on par with the quarterbacks in this division," said Dennis Allen.

Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers and Alex Smith are Schaub's three counterparts in the AFC West.

"The best way to stop those offenses No. 1 is to keep your defense off the field. And I think with some of the things we’ve been able to do up front, both from a protection standpoint, from an ability to run the football, I think those things are going to help us.

"Obviously I think the quarterback’s going to help us."

Via Tim Kawakami/San Jose Mercury News

RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Re: Dennis Allen Believes Schaub 'On Par' With Peyton, River 

Post#2 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:07 pm

It's just too bad you wouldn't know how to coach the guy or the Raiders period. Dennis Allen wasn't even a good defense coordinator so how the hell is he going to be a good head coach? This guy is way over his head. He talks a big game, but always losing games.
mswenson
Banned User
And1: 147

Post#3 » by mswenson » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:55 pm

why would you want to be on par with chokers
f33lsogood
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#4 » by f33lsogood » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:16 pm

"The best way to stop those offenses No. 1 is to keep your defense off the field."

Or throw pick 6s to their defense so there offenses wont be No. 1 and they stay off the field??? Wait for it....wait it... :banghead: that's the plan. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion