Jake Ballard Retires At Age Of 26

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jake Ballard Retires At Age Of 26 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Aug 7, 2014 1:02 am

Jake Ballard has retired from the NFL at the age of 26 after appearing in eight games last season with the Arizona Cardinals.

Ballard tore his ACL and eventually needed microfracture surgery following an injury during Super Bowl XLVI.

"Yesterday I made the difficult decision to retire from the game of football," Ballard said in a statement, via ProFootballTalk. "I love this game and have put my heart and soul into it for as long as I can remember. After sustaining a serious knee injury while playing for the New York Giants in the Super Bowl, my body never felt the same.

"Having a quality of life after football is very important to me and I have witnessed it taken away from others. I will miss the game tremendously, but I am ready for this next chapter in my life."

Via Dan Hanzus/NFL.com

3Peat2000
Sophomore
And1: 7

Re: Jake Ballard Retires At Age Of 26 

Post#2 » by 3Peat2000 » Fri Aug 8, 2014 4:35 pm

This is just the beginning. Players are to big, fast and strong nowadays and this sport takes such a toll on players. It doesn't end with this announcement from Ballard.
WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wisdom, piety, common sense, and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence for their take. When all else fails, make sure to laugh at least 5 times in any 24-hour period.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion