Jerry Jones Insists NFL Team In England Will 'Get Done'

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jerry Jones Insists NFL Team In England Will 'Get Done' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:39 pm

The Dallas Cowboys will play the Jacksonville Jaguars in London at Wembley Stadium on Nov. 9 and Jerry Jones said the NFL will soon have a team based in England.

“I think it is going to get done because I see increasing interest and I see the ability to get the fans,” Jones said. “There is incremental value to increasing the pie there.” Shepherd’s pie, no doubt.

“You can expect a more intense feeling if and when we have a team over there,” he said. “We are basically trying to gain fans in the U.K., but at the same time we should be aware that should the U.K. have a team, there is an automatic, ‘Let’s beat the hell out of New York this week, let’s tear Dallas a new one’ — that kind of thing. And so that breeds competition. You guys invented it with the soccer rivalries that go on there.”

Via Robert Wilonsky/Dallas Morning News

BasketballJosh
Junior
And1: 35

Re: Jerry Jones Insists NFL Team In England Will 'Get Done' 

Post#2 » by BasketballJosh » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:47 pm

I don't see a London Franchise happening ... at all.

However I do see the NFL expanding the schedule by 1 or 2 games and playing on neutral fields around the world or here in the US. You could potentially hold a series of 8 games in London with different teams as part of that. To me that's more logical and realistic.

Heck, you could even do another 8 in places like LA, Vegas, Hawaii or somewhere else internationally. International and NFL fan bases would eat that up!
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Re: Jerry Jones Insists NFL Team In England Will 'Get Done' 

Post#3 » by InWestWeTrust » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:47 am

Raiders to England

Thats why they moved the niners to Santa Clara as "the bay's team" once the Raiders move

justplayin

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion