Teams Take Extra Precaution Against Spying When Playing Patriots

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Teams Take Extra Precaution Against Spying When Playing Patriots 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Sep 8, 2015 5:20 pm

At least 19 teams have confirmed that they took extra precautions when playing the New England Patriots due to concerns about spying.

Steps teams have taken against the Patriots include running fake plays during walk-through practices in case the Patriots were spying, not leaving anything sensitive in the trash at their hotels in New England, declining the Patriots’ offer to use their facilities, blocking off the visitors’ locker room at Gillette Stadium to keep Patriots employees out, sweeping for bugs, and telling the Patriots’ visiting locker room manager to leave because they didn’t trust him not to spy.

Reports suggest Roger Goodell was determined to punish the Patriots for Deflategate due to the perception he went easy on the franchise for Spygate.

Via Michael David Smith/Pro Football Talk

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,502

Re: Teams Take Extra Precaution Against Spying When Playing Patriots 

Post#2 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 9, 2015 1:41 am

Even had the deflategate punishments stuck, it wouldn't make up for 7 years of spying on teams and blatantly breaking rules and cheating. Obviously they never won much prior to resorting to such tactics, so I can understand fans being on board with it, but the punishments for spygate should have been far more severe.

It's just amazing they continue to cheat like this, but I guess I can understand if it never has impacted their results.

It really makes you wonder what all they did that no one even knows about.
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#3 » by rammagen » Wed Sep 9, 2015 2:11 am

bwgood77 wrote:Even had the deflategate punishments stuck, it wouldn't make up for 7 years of spying on teams and blatantly breaking rules and cheating. Obviously they never won much prior to resorting to such tactics, so I can understand fans being on board with it, but the punishments for spygate should have been far more severe.

It's just amazing they continue to cheat like this, but I guess I can understand if it never has impacted their results.

I whole heatedly agree. Where are the Pat fans now that all this is coming out. Stealing signals is one thing listening to the other teams comms. That got a gm suspended under the threat he did that by texting. What is worse.......
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 9, 2015 2:25 am

rammagen wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Even had the deflategate punishments stuck, it wouldn't make up for 7 years of spying on teams and blatantly breaking rules and cheating. Obviously they never won much prior to resorting to such tactics, so I can understand fans being on board with it, but the punishments for spygate should have been far more severe.

I whole heatedly agree. Where are the Pat fans now that all this is coming out. Stealing signals is one thing listening to the other teams comms. That got a gm suspended under the threat he did that by texting. What is worse.......

Yes, what Belichick did seems FAR worse than whatever Sean Payton did that got him suspended for a year. There isn't really a need to discuss with Patriots fans. Many will continue to attempt to justify things in whatever ways they see fit, so it's not really worth discussing with people unless they are unbiased. I mean, did you see Simmons' twitter feed today? He looks like a complete idiot. Moreso than usual.

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons
coopnyc74
Pro Prospect
And1: 451

Post#5 » by coopnyc74 » Wed Sep 9, 2015 1:21 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
rammagen wrote:

Yes, what Belichick did seems FAR worse than whatever Sean Payton did that got him suspended for a year. There isn't really a need to discuss with Patriots fans. Many will continue to attempt to justify things in whatever ways they see fit, so it's not really worth discussing with people unless they are unbiased. I mean, did you see Simmons' twitter feed today? He looks like a complete idiot. Moreso than usual.

Yeah Simmons sounds like a crazed paranoid incoherent fan with all of those rants. Your team cheated, will continue to cheat and in everyone's eyes but the New England organization and fans, your championships and wins are all tainted mainly by the fear of failing narcissist Bill Belichick.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 9, 2015 1:27 pm

coopnyc74 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
rammagen wrote:

Yeah Simmons sounds like a crazed paranoid incoherent fan with all of those rants. Your team cheated, will continue to cheat and in everyone's eyes but the New England organization and fans, your championships and wins are all tainted mainly by the fear of failing narcissist Bill Belichick.

You should see some of the Pats fans STILL defending it after that story on the NFL general board. It's laughable.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion