Watkins To Bills: You're Making Us Both Look Bad With Lack Of Targets

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Watkins To Bills: You're Making Us Both Look Bad With Lack Of Targets 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:59 pm

Sammy Watkins believes the Buffalo Bills are making him look bad with his lack of targets.

The Bills traded two first round picks to draft Watkins in 2014.

"I need the ball at least 10 times -- I need 10 targets -- and l'll be fine with however many yards I get," Watkins told the newspaper. "And that's what I addressed in talking with my agent. We reached out to a couple people and tried to pull some string like, 'Hey, I need my targets. You came up to draft me and I'm not getting targets -- that's a problem.'

"'You're making me look bad, and you're making yourself look bad. Why not make both of us look good?'"

Watkins finished his rookie season with 65 catches for 982 yards and six touchdowns.

"For a guy you go up in the draft to take as your No. 1 receiver, you would love those 15 targets that Julio [Jones] gets, those 20 targets that Odell [Beckham Jr.] gets," he told the newspaper. "Of course I'd have 100 yards every game and a TD, if I'm getting 20 targets."

Via Mike Rodak/ESPN

xJumpManx
Junior
And1: 23

Re: Watkins To Bills: You're Making Us Both Look Bad With Lack Of Targets 

Post#2 » by xJumpManx » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:44 pm

Browns will offer both the players they got from trading the pick the Bills used on Watkins. So Manziel and Gilbert for Watkins.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion