Cowboys Are Easily NFL's Most Broadcast Team

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Cowboys Are Easily NFL's Most Broadcast Team 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:09 pm

The Dallas Cowboys are by far the most broadcast team around the country.

Over the past six seasons, they were either the first or second most commonly broadcast team in 95 of just over 200 markets around the United States.

On average, every Nielsen market sees at least nine of the Cowboys' 16 games each season. Not only are the Cowboys frequently featured on the national games, but the regional action also leans heavily towards Dallas.

The New York Giants rank second, followed by the Green Bay Packers, Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, Denver Broncos, Chicago Bears, New Orleans Saints and the Indianapolis Colts to round out the top-10.

Via Kirk Goldsberry, J.P. Kirby/FiveThirtyEight

JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Re: Cowboys Are Easily NFL's Most Broadcast Team 

Post#2 » by JazzMatt13 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:12 pm

According to a Kirk Goldsberry's chart on ESPN, I found, Utah's most broadcast is Denver (that group also includes all of Coloroado, most Wyoming, Montana, New Mexico Split and I think most of Idaho, I.E. as far as land mass Denver's is the biggest spread in 1 big piece).

Well that entire Denver group, Cowboy's were their secondary, but it taps into lower California, most of Oregon, half of Washington, Nebraska, Louisana, Most of Mississippi, Tennessee, most of Michigan, some Flordia, and then a little of Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennslyvania, Georgia, and North Carolina.

This chart is awesome to look at:
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/which-nfl-team-are-you-stuck-watching-every-sunday/

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion