Bob Kravitz: Peyton Manning Is A Great Grudge-Holder

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Bob Kravitz: Peyton Manning Is A Great Grudge-Holder 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:07 am

Peyton Manning has been the subject of multiple lawsuits because he insisted on mentioning Jamie Naughright in his autobiography.

Manning had been previously sued by Naughright and he tried to tell his side of the story. Manning was subsequently sued for defamation.

“Because he holds grudges,” longtime Indianapolis columnist Bob Kravitz said. “He is one of the great grudge-holders I’ve ever seen and it’s not something that he wears particularly well. It’s probably I would say one of his worst qualities. We saw it, remember the Pro Bowl, where he was angry at Mike Vanderjagt and a couple of days later Peyton went off on Mike Vanderjagt called him a liquored-up kicker. [Former Colts coach] Jim Mora was very critical of him after a game against San Francisco. It was actually the ‘playoffs’ rant game, and [Manning] thought about it for a couple of days and went off on Jim Mora in a conference call with Baltimore writers. He remembers everything. He remembers slights like most athletes do and I think that’s that was all about is he holds grudges.”

Manning has yet to respond to the latest series of reports.

Via Mike Florio/Pro Football Talk

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion