Washington Confirms Robert Griffin III Won't Return In 2016

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Washington Confirms Robert Griffin III Won't Return In 2016 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:45 pm

Washington has confirmed Robert Griffin III won't be with the franchise in 2016.

"I see Robert getting an opportunity with another team," Bruce Allen said. "We've heard from some teams that are interested. I think he's going to have a choice of a couple teams that will let him excel in the future."

Griffin lost his job to Kirk Cousins last season.

Washington can release Griffin any time until March 9th when the new league year begins.

Via John Keim/ESPN

Jordans_Rose
Junior
And1: 156

Re: Washington Confirms Robert Griffin III Won't Return In 2016 

Post#2 » by Jordans_Rose » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:38 am

As a Bears fan I would give Griffin a chance instead of Jay Cutler.
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 130

Re: Washington Confirms Robert Griffin III Won't Return In 2016 

Post#3 » by MHSL82 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:30 am

I know it's obvious as hell, but what real incentive do you have to confirm. I guess it would be tiring to spit out BS and it could be PR, but why wouldn't a team now just wait for him to be waived? I know that if one team wants him without having to woo him in free agency they would have to trade for him, but still, picks are picks. Washington could be stating that so that Cousins has more reason to sign a friendly deal, as keeping the door open to RGIII wouldn't sit well, but Cousins already is asking for a price, IMO, that precludes keeping RGIII and it was a foregone conclusion. Besides, they could franchise Cousins, so minute things don't matter.

Still, I think I would sidestep comments if I were them, as annoying as that is.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion