Jerry Jones Compares Titans-Rams Trade To Herschel Walker Deal

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jerry Jones Compares Titans-Rams Trade To Herschel Walker Deal 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:41 pm

Jerry Jones compared the Tennessee Titans' trade of the first overall pick to the Los Angeles Rams to the Herschel Walker trade he made after buying the Dallas Cowboys.

The Cowboys traded Walker to the Minnesota Vikings to rebuild their roster.

"I was surprised, but knowing the organization I'm not surprised," Jones said Thursday night, via ESPN.com. "They're really showing their colors. Step out there and go to Los Angeles, and then when you look at how they're setting their sails and it doesn't surprise me at all with what they're looking for in the future. It goes to show you certainly need to be thinking about your moves way in advance of the draft if you're going to go this early. I applaud them. It sounds like they got (what) they wanted.

"Then you've got to look at Tennessee and see all those draft picks. I didn't know Herschel Walker was still around."

Jones' Herschel Walker trade comment is the most interesting aspect of his take.

Via NFL.com

eddiej
Freshman
And1: 1

Re: Jerry Jones Compares Titans-Rams Trade To Herschel Walker Deal 

Post#2 » by eddiej » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:48 pm

Jones didn't want to make the trade,but Jimmy Johnson did it anyway. Now, Jones wants everyone to think he did it. That's okay since if it makes him feel good Johnson will let him take credit even though only one of them can tell you exact details,picks and players involved 20+ yrs later.
bselig
Freshman
And1: 1

Re: Jerry Jones Compares Titans-Rams Trade To Herschel Walker Deal 

Post#3 » by bselig » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:34 am

eddiej wrote:Jones didn't want to make the trade,but Jimmy Johnson did it anyway. Now, Jones wants everyone to think he did it. That's okay since if it makes him feel good Johnson will let him take credit even though only one of them can tell you exact details,picks and players involved 20+ yrs later.

While this is true, it's not like he was really bragging about his role in that trade in this article, he just mentioned the trade in a fairly throwaway manner, so I'm not sure why you would bring that up.

Jones' Herschel Walker trade comment is the most interesting aspect of his take.

Pure RealGM analysis. (And yes I know they ripped the line verbatim from NFL.com but that fact combined with the line's absurdity and especially with their ending the article with it are just pure RealGM.)

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion