Matt Forte Insists He'll Be Ready For Week One

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Matt Forte Insists He'll Be Ready For Week One 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:09 pm

Matt Forte injured his hamstring just before the start of training camp, but he insists that he'll be ready for the first game of the regular season.

Forte has largely been on the sidelines with the New York Jets as part of what he calls a "super, super cautious" plan to deal with the injury.

"This is the most patience I've had to have with an injury because I've always looked forward to obviously getting out there as soon as possible," Forte said. "But at this time it's been a process. They've had to hold me back, personally, because if it were up to me I'd be going at it every day to try to be out there on my own terms. But you don't want to do something where -- a lot of times they have to protect me from myself, so I don't overwork or do something where I have a setback."

Forte only worked in individual drills for the third time on Tuesday, but says he'll "definitely" be ready for the team's opener against the Cincinnati Bengals on September 11 even if he doesn't take any snaps in a preseason game.

Via New York Daily News

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion