Christian McCaffrey Skipping Sun Bowl To Focus On Draft

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Christian McCaffrey Skipping Sun Bowl To Focus On Draft 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:10 pm

Christian McCaffrey will sit out the Hyundai Sun Bowl to focus on his NFL draft preparation, he announced Monday on Twitter.

"Very tough decision, but I have decided not to play in the Sun Bowl so I can begin my draft prep immediately," McCaffrey wrote on Twitter. "Thx to all my teammates for their 100% support -- It means a lot to me. Go Cardinal!"

McCaffrey announced Dec. 7 that he would forgo his senior season to enter the draft. 

McCaffrey joins LSU running back Leonard Fournette as another high-profile name to sit out the bowl season. Fournette announced Friday that he would not play in the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl on Dec. 31 against Louisville.

"We understand that this was a very difficult decision. For three years Christian has not only been a great player, but a great teammate as well," Stanford coach David Shaw said in a statement. "We wish him great success at the next level, as we continue our preparation for the Sun Bowl."

RealGM's Jeff Risdon ranks McCaffrey second amongst prospective running backs in the 2017 NFL Draft while Fournette ranks fourth.

Via ESPN

PapaBear53
Junior
And1: 619

Re: Christian McCaffrey Skipping Sun Bowl To Focus On Draft 

Post#2 » by PapaBear53 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:22 am

Atta boy! Way to be a great teammate, Chris. Those guys that worked their butts off for you all year don't mean a thing.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Re: Christian McCaffrey Skipping Sun Bowl To Focus On Draft 

Post#3 » by Barcs » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:06 am

I don't get it. Why wouldn't you want to play in a bowl game? Can't you play in the game and still have plenty of time to prepare for the NFL draft, which isn't until April? These guys must be terrified of getting hurt. Bad teammates I agree. Hopefully this dude doesn't end up on the Jets.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion