Reporter Accidentally Takes Kyle Shanahan's Playbook

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Reporter Accidentally Takes Kyle Shanahan's Playbook 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:37 pm

After Kyle Shanahan's Super Bowl media night session on Monday, the Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator had his backpack accidentally taken by a reporter.

"I'm stressed out right now," Shanahan said. "Somebody took my bag, and it had everything in it."

The backpack contained a copy of the Falcons' Super Bowl playbook, Super Bowl tickets and other personal effects. It was missing for approximately 45 minutes before the mystery was solved.

USA Today writer and ESPN contributor Jarrett Bell discovered that San Francisco Examiner columnist Art Spander had mistakenly picked up Shanahan's bag instead of his own.

Via Dan Graziano/ESPN

Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,944

Re: Reporter Accidentally Takes Kyle Shanahan's Playbook 

Post#2 » by Perishable517 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:49 pm

Is he on the Pats payroll?
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#3 » by Barcs » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:46 pm

Here we go again. Patriots already found a way to get an unfair advantage. If I'm the Falcons, I'm changing up the plays, because you know this has already been copied and given to every player and coach on the Patriots. I don't want to watch another crappy super bowl where the patriots know all the plays before they happen. It's pathetic that a team that good needs to gain an unfair advantage to win. Every single super bowl they ever won has been tainted by cheating. This year, it's no surprise, same old song and dance. Fire drill at Steeler's hotel and now the mysteriously stolen playbook. Pathetic franchise.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#4 » by FNQ » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:59 pm

Barcs wrote:Here we go again. Patriots already found a way to get an unfair advantage. If I'm the Falcons, I'm changing up the plays, because you know this has already been copied and given to every player and coach on the Patriots. I don't want to watch another crappy super bowl where the patriots know all the plays before they happen. It's pathetic that a team that good needs to gain an unfair advantage to win. Every single super bowl they ever won has been tainted by cheating. This year, it's no surprise, same old song and dance. Fire drill at Steeler's hotel and now the mysteriously stolen playbook. Pathetic franchise.

Art Spander is a local Bay Area writer and huge 9ers fan. I seem to remember him writing some scathing articles about the Patriots re:spygate.

I seriously doubt this guy was in on something malicious, but at least NFL fans now have something new to discredit the Pats if they win
pjiggz
Junior
And1: 25

Post#5 » by pjiggz » Wed Feb 1, 2017 2:59 pm

FNQ wrote:
Barcs wrote:Here we go again. Patriots already found a way to get an unfair advantage. If I'm the Falcons, I'm changing up the plays, because you know this has already been copied and given to every player and coach on the Patriots. I don't want to watch another crappy super bowl where the patriots know all the plays before they happen. It's pathetic that a team that good needs to gain an unfair advantage to win. Every single super bowl they ever won has been tainted by cheating. This year, it's no surprise, same old song and dance. Fire drill at Steeler's hotel and now the mysteriously stolen playbook. Pathetic franchise.

Art Spander is a local Bay Area writer and huge 9ers fan. I seem to remember him writing some scathing articles about the Patriots re:spygate.

I seriously doubt this guy was in on something malicious, but at least NFL fans now have something new to discredit the Pats if they win

Money can make one do many things.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#6 » by FNQ » Wed Feb 1, 2017 5:42 pm

pjiggz wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Like make up incredibly unrealistic scenarios that can be used to justify the outcome of a game?
Guarantee that if Art wasn't accounted for, for every minute he had that playbook, there'd be a huge stink about it in the press right now. But logic won't stop things like this from becoming conspiracy theorists' wet dreams
pjiggz
Junior
And1: 25

Post#7 » by pjiggz » Wed Feb 1, 2017 7:33 pm

FNQ wrote:
pjiggz wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Like make up incredibly unrealistic scenarios that can be used to justify the outcome of a game?
Guarantee that if Art wasn't accounted for, for every minute he had that playbook, there'd be a huge stink about it in the press right now. But logic won't stop things like this from becoming conspiracy theorists' wet dreams

You underestimate the Patriots organization. They are capable of much.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#8 » by Barcs » Thu Feb 2, 2017 10:06 pm

FNQ wrote:
pjiggz wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Lol, sure dismiss it as conspiracy theory, even though the Patriots have gotten caught cheating red handed multiple times now. Spygate would have been dismissed by Patriots apologists as conspiracy theory as well... Actually many of those clown ass fans still do.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion