Donald Trump Takes Credit For Colin Kaepernick Being Unsigned

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Donald Trump Takes Credit For Colin Kaepernick Being Unsigned 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:47 am

President Donald Trump has taken credit for the fact that Colin Kaepernick has not signed with a team since opting out of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers three weeks ago.

Trump said he read an article about NFL owners' fears about signing Kaepernick and said, "They don't want to get a nasty tweet from Donald Trump. Do you believe that?"

Trump added that he wanted to share this with "the people of Kentucky because they like it when people actually stand for the American flag."

Kaepernick famously took a knee during the national anthem before 49ers games last fall to protest what he said was oppression of people of color, leading to dozens of athletes in multiple sports following with protests of their own.

In the midst of explaining his actions to reporters, Kaepernick called then-candidate Trump "openly racist."

Via ESPN

DET_Athletics
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Re: Donald Trump Takes Credit For Colin Kaepernick Being Unsigned 

Post#2 » by DET_Athletics » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:13 pm

this has got to be the most stupid thing i have heard all year.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#3 » by FNQ » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:35 pm

DET_Athletics wrote:this has got to be the most stupid thing i have heard all year.

It's embarrassing, for sure. Our country's priorities are so far out of whack. It's awful to say but I truly do believe Trump represents the majority of this country now.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#4 » by IWishIWasHarden » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:20 pm

Tom Arnold who knows Trump quite well says that Trump is racist as hell away from the camera.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#5 » by tarantism » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:48 pm

I hope that more players, in all major sports, kneel for the anthem this year. I hate getting involved in political discussions, but I am for the first time in my life truly embarrassed to be an American right now. If POTUS Trump truly represents the ideas of my nation...that is a horrible and horrifying thought. Eek.
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,294

Post#6 » by Black Jack » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:43 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:Tom Arnold who knows Trump quite well says that Trump is racist as hell away from the camera.

I find that hard to believe.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion