Owners Approve Raiders' Relocation To Las Vegas 31-1

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Owners Approve Raiders' Relocation To Las Vegas 31-1 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:25 pm

NFL owners have approved the Oakland Raiders' relocation to Las Vegas with a vote of 31-1.

The Raiders won't immediately move to Las Vegas since construction of their planned $1.7 billion domed stadium isn't expected to be completed until 2020.

The Raiders will continue to play in Oakland in 2017 and 2018 before likely finding a temporary venue for 2019.

Mark Davis released the following statement to announce the decision: "My father always said, 'the greatness of the Raiders is in its future,' and the opportunity to build a world-class stadium in the entertainment capital of the world is a significant step toward achieving that greatness. I would like to thank Commissioner Goodell, the National Football League and my 31 partners. I would also like to thank Governor Brian Sandoval and the Nevada Legislature for their commitment. Finally, I would like to thank Sheldon Adelson for his vision and leadership, without which this project never would have become a reality.

"The Raiders were born in Oakland and Oakland will always be part of our DNA. We know that some fans will be disappointed and even angry, but we hope that they do not direct that frustration to the players, coaches and staff. We plan to play at the Coliseum in 2017 and 2018, and hope to stay there as the Oakland Raiders until the new stadium opens. We would love nothing more than to bring a championship back to the Bay Area."

Via Ian Rapoport/NFL.com

Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,322

Re: Owners Approve Raiders' Relocation To Las Vegas 31-1 

Post#2 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:11 am

Read on Twitter
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Re: Owners Approve Raiders' Relocation To Las Vegas 31-1 

Post#3 » by IWishIWasHarden » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:01 am

These white conservative capitalists have no boundaries. Life is money. Very very sad.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion