NFL Denies Josh Gordon's Bid For Reinstatement

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

NFL Denies Josh Gordon's Bid For Reinstatement 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu May 11, 2017 8:43 pm

The NFL has denied Josh Gordon's application for reinstatement, according to a league source.

The Cleveland Browns wide receiver applied in early March. He can reapply for reinstatement in the fall.

Gordon hasn't played in a regular-season game since 2014 because of suspensions for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

Via ESPN

micromonkey
Starter
And1: 627

Re: NFL Denies Josh Gordon's Bid For Reinstatement 

Post#2 » by micromonkey » Fri May 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Pretty dumb--I don't see how not letting him play helps substance abuse issues.
Union should definitely fight for a more player friendly approach.

It should be based on coach/team to suspend him--they can deal with these issues based on if he's a disruption, etc.
Should not just be Booze/weed in system--suspension.
gokings2010
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#3 » by gokings2010 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:24 pm

I agree. Its okay for them to get addicted to pain pills but smoking some mary jane its against the nfl policy? Its legal in many states!! Id rather have my players smoke pot than pop 100 pain pills a month
Brushman34
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#4 » by Brushman34 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:40 pm

Knocking out wife: meh.
Smoking a plant: Banned for life!

The NFL might have their priorities backward.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#5 » by Barcs » Mon May 15, 2017 3:31 am

I have to agree with what's been said. The penalties in the NFL are way too harsh on weed. It's not like PEDs giving you an unfair advantage, or being like LT and blowing coke your whole career, or beating your wife to a pulp or being an alcoholic. The only reason people test for weed is because they can, because it stays in your system for weeks. You could take cocaine or heroine and be a drunkard as long as you aren't tested the very next day nobody will know. People just love to demonize weed.

That said, Gordon is a moron. He's been given so many chances and he knew the rules. Goodell is a fascist so Gordon should probably find a career that doesn't frown on harmless past time hobbies like smoking weed.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion