Lucky Whitehead Was Victim Of Mistaken Identity

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Lucky Whitehead Was Victim Of Mistaken Identity 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:38 pm

Prince William County (Virginia) Police Department has announced they mistakenly charged Lucky Whitehead with shoplifting on June 22nd.

Whitehead and his agent, David Rich, said Monday that this was a case of mistaken identity. Rich cited flight records to prove that Whitehead wasn't in Virginia at the time of the incident.

The Dallas Cowboys released Whitehead on Monday following the erroneous report.

Via ESPN

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,827

Re: Lucky Whitehead Was Victim Of Mistaken Identity 

Post#2 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:00 am

So what are the Cowboys going to do now. Rush to judgment when it's just a special teams player. Elliot has done a lot worse than this even if it was true.
chipchipperson
Junior
And1: 80

Post#3 » by chipchipperson » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:11 pm

Embarrassing move on the part of the Cowboys. This is the same team that **** signed Greg hardy to an 11 million dollar deal.
Cowbulls
Rookie
And1: 888

Post#4 » by Cowbulls » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:51 pm

KGdaBom wrote:So what are the Cowboys going to do now. Rush to judgment when it's just a special teams player. Elliot has done a lot worse than this even if it was true.

You answered your own damn question. He's a special teamer and wasn't going to make the team, and Elliot is a 4th overall pick. If you used your brain then the math would add up. He was cut for the wrong reason but he was never going to make this team. It might end up working out for the below average football player.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#5 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:05 pm

KGdaBom wrote:So what are the Cowboys going to do now. Rush to judgment when it's just a special teams player. Elliot has done a lot worse than this even if it was true.

Lucky actually comes out pretty damn well in all this. He wasn't going to make the team anyway as his replacement was drafted a couple of months ago. Now he can try to make it with the Jets.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Cowbulls
Rookie

Post#6 » by Cowbulls » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:11 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:

Lucky actually comes out pretty damn well in all this. He wasn't going to make the team anyway as his replacement was drafted a couple of months ago. Now he can try to make it with the Jets.

Exactly. He was going to get cut in 2 weeks and then hope some scout member from another team has watched him on film a little. Now every team in the NFL knows who he is and he has a longer time frame to impress the coaches on a less talented team. Lucky should be pretty happy how this played out.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:16 pm

Cowbulls wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Exactly. He was going to get cut in 2 weeks and then hope some scout member from another team has watched him on film a little. Now every team in the NFL knows who he is and he has a longer time frame to impress the coaches on a less talented team. Lucky should be pretty happy how this played out.

Actually, from an interview I listened to with Will McClay yesterday, he wouldn't have been released until the cut to 53. They changed the rules and there is no cut to 70 anymore. But you are correct in that he gets a legitimate chance to make the Jets. He should be very happy.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#8 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:58 am

Cowbulls wrote:

You answered your own damn question. He's a special teamer and wasn't going to make the team, and Elliot is a 4th overall pick. If you used your brain then the math would add up. He was cut for the wrong reason but he was never going to make this team. It might end up working out for the below average football player.

Don't we have innocent until proven guilty. You have no clue whether Whitehead would have made the team or not. I have always thought he was a pretty good KO Return man. Regardless it is the lowest of the low of the Cowboys to assume his guilt and do a move like this.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#9 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:59 am

Cowbulls wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Regardless if Lucky was lucky or not it still doesn't change the fact that the Cowboys acted like scum.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:54 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Cowbulls wrote:

Don't we have innocent until proven guilty. You have no clue whether Whitehead would have made the team or not. I have always thought he was a pretty good KO Return man. Regardless it is the lowest of the low of the Cowboys to assume his guilt and do a move like this.

Not in the NFL.

See Goodell, Roger
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:54 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Cowbulls wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Regardless if Lucky was lucky or not it still doesn't change the fact that the Cowboys acted like scum.

You seem angry. Miserable even.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#12 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:16 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Cowbulls wrote:

I'm just calling out injustice. This should not be glossed over. I'm happy for La'el Collins finally getting paid. His not getting drafted in the first two rounds was an incredible injustice. What part of not a suspect did the GMs not get.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:47 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Regardless if Lucky was lucky or not it still doesn't change the fact that the Cowboys acted like scum.

I'm just calling out injustice. This should not be glossed over. I'm happy for La'el Collins finally getting paid. His not getting drafted in the first two rounds was an incredible injustice. What part of not a suspect did the GMs not get.

Scum is a over-the-top harsh term.

That is all.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#14 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:36 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Scum is a over-the-top harsh term.

That is all.

Maybe, but treating a charged person as guilty without any evidence whatsoever is horrible.
Cowbulls
Rookie

Post#15 » by Cowbulls » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:41 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Cowbulls wrote:

He's really not that good of a KO return man. In his career he's averaged 25 years per return. and 7 on punt returns. ( Basically we can just take the Touch back ) with 0 TDS in his career.

You might be mixing him up with Dwayne Harris who we used to have. Lucky has been very fortunate to make the team and then this year we went out and drafted Ryan Switzer, who is a better returner and wide receiver. There are 5 WR's on the team better then him and now a returner to take his place. Dude was not going to make this team. I'll be surprised if he even makes the Jets.

The Cowboys coaches don't even trust him to field punts when it's in our own territory. Cole Beasley would go back in certain situations because watching Lucky catch a fair catch ball was always very nerve wracking.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#16 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:48 pm

Cowbulls wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Cowbulls wrote:

He's really not that good of a KO return man. In his career he's averaged 25 years per return. and 7 on punt returns. ( Basically we can just take the Touch back ) with 0 TDS in his career.

You might be mixing him up with Dwayne Harris who we used to have. Lucky has been very fortunate to make the team and then this year we went out and drafted Ryan Switzer, who is a better returner and wide receiver. There are 5 WR's on the team better then him and now a returner to take his place. Dude was not going to make this team. I'll be surprised if he even makes the Jets.

The Cowboys coaches don't even trust him to field punts when it's in our own territory. Cole Beasley would go back in certain situations because watching Lucky catch a fair catch ball was always very nerve wracking.

You don't know this draftee is better at returning kicks. I seem to recall seeing Lucky being a top ten KR at least at one time. I'm not a Cowboys fan, but this incident pushed me to posting on the Cowboys board. Regardless how good or bad Lucky is the Cowboys acted shamefully.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:55 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Cowbulls wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Don't we have innocent until proven guilty. You have no clue whether Whitehead would have made the team or not. I have always thought he was a pretty good KO Return man. Regardless it is the lowest of the low of the Cowboys to assume his guilt and do a move like this.

You don't know this draftee is better at returning kicks. I seem to recall seeing Lucky being a top ten KR at least at one time. I'm not a Cowboys fan, but this incident pushed me to posting on the Cowboys board. Regardless how good or bad Lucky is the Cowboys acted shamefully.

This isn't the Cowboys board. It's the headlines board. But feel free to drop by our board. ViQueens fans are always welcome.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:00 pm

And - to be clear, I'm not defending the Cowboys for how they handled this situation. Matter of fact, I'm pissed that they continue to place themselves in situations where they have to address any character issues. They have a history and they continue to perpetuate that history... and bringing in the Greg Hardy's and Pacman Jones' of the world doesn't help things. But to say they acted like "scum" with regard to Whitehead is nothing more than sour grapes by an opposing fan. Especially a fan of a team who still wears the mantle of "best boat parties" like a boss.

Moving on...
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#19 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:08 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:And - to be clear, I'm not defending the Cowboys for how they handled this situation. Matter of fact, I'm pissed that they continue to place themselves in situations where they have to address any character issues. They have a history and they continue to perpetuate that history... and bringing in the Greg Hardy's and Pacman Jones' of the world doesn't help things. But to say they acted like "scum" with regard to Whitehead is nothing more than sour grapes by an opposing fan. Especially a fan of a team who still wears the mantle of "best boat parties" like a boss.

Moving on...

First of all Otis I respect your takes on the situation. As for the Love Boat a bunch of rich young men partying on a boat. They happened to be Vikings players, but I don't think the organization participated.
In that regard what about the Cowboys and the WHITE HOUSE?
Cowbulls
Rookie

Post#20 » by Cowbulls » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:39 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Cowbulls wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Don't we have innocent until proven guilty. You have no clue whether Whitehead would have made the team or not. I have always thought he was a pretty good KO Return man. Regardless it is the lowest of the low of the Cowboys to assume his guilt and do a move like this.

The Cowboys could have cut him at the end of August and someone exactly like you (may not be you) would be here saying Cowboys treated him unfairly. Hataz always gonna hate..

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion