NFL Not Currently Considering Josh Gordon's Reinstatement

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

NFL Not Currently Considering Josh Gordon's Reinstatement 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:03 pm

Roger Goodell said the NFL is not currently considering the reinstatement of Josh Gordon.

Gordon hasn't played a regular season game since 2014 and his reinstatement petition in May was denied.

Gordon participated in preseason before the 2016 season.

The Browns would welcome Gordon back to the team even though they've largely moved on from him.

Via Ian Rapoport/NFL.com

IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Re: NFL Not Currently Considering Josh Gordon's Reinstatement 

Post#2 » by IWishIWasHarden » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:10 am

From my understanding, Josh Gordon could not apply until September. Therefore, there is no reason for Josh to have submitted an application yet.
micromonkey
Starter
And1: 627

Re: NFL Not Currently Considering Josh Gordon's Reinstatement 

Post#3 » by micromonkey » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:16 pm

I would like to see the players union fight against these policies in the next contract.
They protect PED users way more than casual (and in some states) legal recreational drug use.

Its moralistic crap--he was a top receiver and not having him the playing is going to do nothing to help any addiction issues he might have.

It should be 100% up to the coach as to whether his locker-room conduct/team play is an issue--that he can be let go for. But just as a drug test--why oh why? If it was affecting his play--sure let coach decide. I don't agree that Cannabis is bad and all the other opioids and corticosteroids they pump guys with are good. He should be able to self medicate on this for pain, taking the edge off for stress, or for whatever reason.

I think the NFL is going to be on the wrong side of history here. But the Union has to fight for it.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion