Le'Veon Bell Signs $12.1M Franchise Tender With Steelers

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Le'Veon Bell Signs $12.1M Franchise Tender With Steelers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Sep 4, 2017 7:26 pm

Le'Veon Bell has officially signed his $12.1 million franchise tender with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Bell averaged 157 yards from scrimmage per game last season.

Bell stayed away from the Steelers during the month of August after they failed to sign him to a long-term deal.

"I wanted to make sure I was prepared and fresh for the season," he said. "I don't want to go out there and jeopardize myself getting hurt in camp. Obviously I understand I'm on a one-year deal, so I have to go out there and prepare and play football. ... My rookie year I got hurt in camp, so I didn't even want to deal with it. I wanted to get ready for game one, the games that count and go out there and try to win a Super Bowl."

Via ESPN

Future Coach
Assistant Coach
And1: 470

Re: Le'Veon Bell Signs $12.1M Franchise Tender With Steelers 

Post#2 » by Future Coach » Tue Sep 5, 2017 2:22 am

I like the way that he made a point to say "the games that count." Players don't get paid for pre-season. Most contracts are spread out for a longer period of time than just the regular season, but players get nothing extra for pre-season. Extra profit for the owners.

The NFL CBA is pretty ruthless on the players. It will be interesting to see how long this upcoming lockout/strike will last. The players could dig in.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion