Re: Steven Hauschka: White People Need To See Inequality Exists

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Steven Hauschka: White People Need To See Inequality Exists 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:50 am

Steven Hauschka wants "to do more" to advance the discussion of racial inequality.

The Buffalo Bills kicker was moved by a recent player memo to the NFL asking for help with awareness of issues of racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

"I think a lot of white people don't understand it and are afraid to be involved," Hauschka said. "And I think it's important for white people to see there is inequality everywhere in the country right now, and in the world."

Chris Long, Seth DeValve and Justin Britt are all white and have publicly supported teammates.

"I don't have all the answers, I don't even pretend to," Hauschka said. "But I am open to talking about it and I am open to learning about it with the hopes that one day, either our generation or future generations, can improve racial inequality and how people are treated around the world."

Via Buffalo News

dctarga
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#2 » by dctarga » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:26 pm

I thought all white people were racist because they are white. Go figure
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,821

Post#3 » by KGdaBom » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:48 pm

dctarga wrote:I thought all white people were racist because they are white. Go figure

Everyone's a little bit racist.
Avenue Q.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,804

Post#4 » by HotelVitale » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:59 am

dctarga wrote:I thought all white people were racist because they are white. Go figure

Nah, lotta white people are kinda racist because they've declared that, after a few centuries of being outrageously racist, everyone is now 'equal' and has had their fair chance, and that anyone trying to talk about the past (or the inequalities it caused in the present) is deranged or disruptive or trying to disrespect their hard-earned American lifestyles. You can see how that looks sort of stupid to non-white people.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,536

Post#5 » by righterwriter » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:07 am

HotelVitale wrote:

Nah, lotta white people are kinda racist because they've declared that, after a few centuries of being outrageously racist, everyone is now 'equal' and has had their fair chance, and that anyone trying to talk about the past (or the inequalities it caused in the present) is deranged or disruptive or trying to disrespect their hard-earned American lifestyles. You can see how that looks sort of stupid to non-white people.

Meanwhile, anyone who doesn't succeed in America who is black tends to blame everything on racism, even when millions of black people are doing very well there based on their hard work (the same hard work everyone else -- of all colors-- in America uses to succeed).

You can see how that looks sort of stupid to anyone who succeeds by using common sense and doesn't scapegoat the world for their problems.
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#6 » by N8isScofield » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:48 pm

righterwriter wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:

Meanwhile, anyone who doesn't succeed in America who is black tends to blame everything on racism, even when millions of black people are doing very well there based on their hard work (the same hard work everyone else -- of all colors-- in America uses to succeed).

You can see how that looks sort of stupid to anyone who succeeds by using common sense and doesn't scapegoat the world for their problems.

Ahh look typical right wing deflection and conflation. Predictable as the sunrise.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#7 » by Barcs » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:56 am

I've been saying it for a while. More white people need to be protesting. The fact that this problem in our country is largely ignored by white people and pussyfooted around is one of the big reasons it has such a negative connotation. And honestly I'm tired of the super patriotic blowhards who are uber offended by kneeling during the anthem. Why should anybody conform to them??? Aren't they usually the ones talking about how political correctness is ruining this country, yet for this they expect somebody to lose their career and get blackballed over offending a few military people by protesting a real problem in this country? Get off your high horse. Somebody gets offended no matter how you protest, but non violent protest is what this country is founded on. Think about the 50s and 60s when people got super offended when blacks would protest by sitting in white only restaurants. If they got offended, **** them. I'm white, if I was in the NFL I'd be kneeling every time. This country is atrocious right now the way people are behaving and Trump is making the **** worse.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion