Delanie Walker, Family Have Received Death Threats

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Delanie Walker, Family Have Received Death Threats 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:04 pm

Delanie Walker says he and his family have received death threats since he told fans who didn't agree with the Tennessee Titans' protest during the national anthem that they were welcome to not watch the team's games.

Walker posted a photo on Instagram of him with the military during a USO tour this spring. He reiterated his belief that sitting out the anthem last week did not disrespect those who have served in the military.

"The death threats that my family and I have received since my comments are heartbreaking," Walker wrote. "The racist and violent words directed at me and my son only serve as another reminder that our country remains divided and full of hateful rhetoric. These words of hate will only fuel me in my efforts to continue my work reaching out to different community groups, listening to opposing voices, and honoring the men and women in the Armed Forces who risk their lives every day so that we may have this dialogue.

"I am proud to represent the many faces of Titans fans and believe that only through a more respectful discourse can we achieves the goals of unity, peace and racial equality that I know we all strive for."

The Titans said they've received death threats on the team's social media accounts as well.

Via Darin Gantt/Pro Football Talk

Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Re: Delanie Walker, Family Have Received Death Threats 

Post#2 » by Mr. E » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:08 pm

I don't care what people think about this issue, the moment someone resorts to any threat of violence up to and including death threats then they lose any moral high ground they may believe they stand upon.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Future Coach
Assistant Coach
And1: 468

Post#3 » by Future Coach » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:23 pm

Mr. E wrote:I don't care what people think about this issue, the moment someone resorts to any threat of violence up to and including death threats then they lose any moral high ground they may believe they stand upon.

Absolutely agree.

Unfortunately there is a bigot in the white house who keeps promoting (and further normalising) this hateful rhetoric. He may mainly be doing it largely to distract from all the investigations and how bad of a job he is doing, but it only has negative outcomes.

:nonono:
Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,038

Post#4 » by Wallace_Wallace » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:33 pm

Disgusting. How could an athlete be treated like this when he is spoken against an issue in a peaceful manner? :crazy:

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion