Adrian Peterson Intends To Play 4-5 More Years

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Adrian Peterson Intends To Play 4-5 More Years 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:36 am

Adrian Peterson is 32 and has rushed just 27 times for 81 yards this season but he wants to play for several more seasons.

"I have so much left," Peterson said. "I look to play at least four or five more years, god willing. I have a lot left in the tank. Stay tuned. You guys will be able to see that firsthand."

Peterson has heard discussions that he's no longer the type of running back that can carry an offense.

"Do I still got it?" Peterson responded to a question. "Well I don't think it's that mentality, 'do I still got it,' but that's all you hear from the media...'oh he lost it' this that and the other. So, of course, in my mind was like, OK, I know that's not the case. When I go out there I'm always putting my best foot forward and I feel like it will speak for itself."

Via Kevin Patra/NFL.com

Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,295

Re: Adrian Peterson Intends To Play 4-5 More Years 

Post#2 » by Cavsfansince84 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:58 pm

That's like Tom Brady saying he intends to play until he's 50. Most nfl players will play as long as their bodies allow them to. Chances are AP is not on an nfl roster past 35. Offhand I can't think of a single nfl rb who played past that age.
Triple 7
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#3 » by Triple 7 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:02 pm

Cavsfansince84 wrote:That's like Tom Brady saying he intends to play until he's 50. Most nfl players will play as long as their bodies allow them to. Chances are AP is not on an nfl roster past 35. Offhand I can't think of a single nfl rb who played past that age.

Emmitt Smith was 35 when he set the record. But we are way beyond even that time frame as far as conditioning and preparation is concerned. Players will be able to play longer due to advances in training and preparation, and education about limiting dangerous hits.
"Is he not unique? No one plays like this guy. This guy is the new guy. This is the new form."
- George Karl on Giannis
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,295

Post#4 » by Cavsfansince84 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:55 pm

Triple 7 wrote:
Cavsfansince84 wrote:That's like Tom Brady saying he intends to play until he's 50. Most nfl players will play as long as their bodies allow them to. Chances are AP is not on an nfl roster past 35. Offhand I can't think of a single nfl rb who played past that age.

Emmitt Smith was 35 when he set the record. But we are way beyond even that time frame as far as conditioning and preparation is concerned. Players will be able to play longer due to advances in training and preparation, and education about limiting dangerous hits.

Right and how many other rbs have been starters even past 34 in the history of the league? We aren't really anywhere near a point where rbs will be playing past 35. AP would be the first if he were able to.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion