Jones To Goodell: I'm Gonna Come After You With Everything I Have

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Jones To Goodell: I'm Gonna Come After You With Everything I Have 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:43 pm

Jerry Jones told associates that Roger Goodell assured him last spring that there would be no suspension for Ezekiel Elliott.

When Jones was told by Goodell that Elliott would be suspended for six games, there was initially silence and then anger.

"I'm gonna come after you with everything I have," Jones said.

Jones then referenced Deflategate.

"If you think Bob Kraft came after you hard, Bob Kraft is a p---y compared to what I'm going to do."

Jones has since questioned the leadership of Goodell and is even trying to block his extension.

Via Don Van Natta Jr.,Seth Wickersham/ESPN

The Senator
Junior
And1: 340

Re: Jones To Goodell: I'm Gonna Come After You With Everything I Have 

Post#2 » by The Senator » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:54 pm

Never, ever thought there would be a scenario that would put me in the position in which I would be cheering for Jerry Jones. Hell has frozen over.
Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Post#3 » by Disinformation » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Jerry Jones in 2015 after Brady's suspension:

(Goodell has) got obviously a very tough job. Now I see some people doing that, that's that old violin that's not feeling too sorry for him because that's why you pay the big bucks is to deal with the big problems. But he's doing an outstanding job. I can tell you firsthand that in his spot you have to with people that you are counting on to help build and to help excel as far as the National Football League, I'm talking about the owners, you have to know that you're going to make some decisions that are very unpopular with that particular group. This is the case.

Jerry Jones in 2017 after Elliott's suspension:

Wahhhh!! I'm gonna **** **** up if I don't get my way!!!

:lol:
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#4 » by Barcs » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:59 pm

The Senator wrote:Never, ever thought there would be a scenario that would put me in the position in which I would be cheering for Jerry Jones. Hell has frozen over.

I'm with you. I hope Jones succeeds, not just because I have zeke on my fantasy team, but also because Goodell is incompetent.

I think the quote about the Brady suspension was more about knocking Kraft, which he did again this year, so at least he's consistent with that.

I also think it's absurd to suspend somebody before the case even goes to trial for something that happened before they even played in the NFL. By NFL standards he's already guilty. Baseball does the same thing and I think it's ridiculous. Let the legal system do it's job and if he's found guilty, then fire him.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion