Re: Sam Darnold Rejects Notion Of Avoiding Browns In Draft

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Sam Darnold Rejects Notion Of Avoiding Browns In Draft 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:42 pm

Sam Darnold denied a rumor that he might remain at USC for his junior season if the Cleveland Browns end up with the first pick in the 2018 NFL draft.

Darnold has been widely rumored to stay in school despite his high draft standing.

"I didn't say anything about the Browns," Darnold told reporters after the Trojans' practice Monday. "I've never said anything bad about (an NFL) team. They know I would never say anything."

Darnold's draft availability has been the topic of speculation since earlier this month, when the MMQB's Albert Breer said during a radio interview that Darnold would wait to see if the Browns had the No. 1 pick before deciding whether to enter the draft.

Via ESPN

Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Re: Sam Darnold Rejects Notion Of Avoiding Browns In Draft 

Post#2 » by Barcs » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:16 pm

The idea that somebody would decide not to enter the draft just to avoid a bad team is laughably stupid. They said the same thing earlier in the year about the Jets claiming the Jets were on a "suck for Sam" campaign, which was dumb as hell. These beat writers need to get a life. No matter what, if you get drafted early you will end up on a crappy team. That's just how it goes, whether you declare this year or next year.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Re: Sam Darnold Rejects Notion Of Avoiding Browns In Draft 

Post#3 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:31 pm

Bottom line is he's not ready for the NFL. Hopefully someone has made that really clear to him. If not, he should watch the game film of this season.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion