Ravens Believe Anthem Protest Has Impacted Home No-Shows

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Ravens Believe Anthem Protest Has Impacted Home No-Shows 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:57 pm

In a letter to season-ticket holders, suite holders and sponsors, the Baltimore Ravens believe the national anthem protest is one of the reasons why 

"The numbers [of no-shows] are higher, and it is noticeable," Cass wrote in the 656-word letter. "There are a number of reasons for the no-shows, but surely the one-time protest in London has been a factor."

The Ravens' first protest as a team occurred in London on Sept. 24, when more than a dozen players knelt during the national anthem before the first NFL game of the day.

The Ravens knelt again at home before next week's game. Fans at M&T Bank Stadium booed the players when they took a knee.

The Ravens have not since protested.

Via Jamison Hensley/ESPN

IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Re: Ravens Believe Anthem Protest Has Impacted Home No-Shows 

Post#2 » by IWishIWasHarden » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:13 am

Most people in the stands are making good money and most people who make good money vote for Trump because they hate losing their money to tax.
gokings2010
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#3 » by gokings2010 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:09 pm

I make okay money and didnt vote for Trump. I think this is what they get, although Trump said this would happen. I think if they want to protest they can do it on their own time. I havent seen to many ppl protest outside of the anthem. I would get fired if I protested while being clocked in at my job even if I felt it was right.
Our flag stands for something and it shouldnt be used as a time of protest. Why arent they protesting after the football game? How many of them are actually trying to change what they are protesting? I believe there are a select few that are actually donating money to this charity and that charity and/or speaking out.
Great example actually is Kapernick. He knelt knowing what may happen. He doesnt have a job now. Is that stopping him from doing right and doing his movement. Not at all, this guy has donated to the charity of the cause,hes helped out in bad areas and now hes the lone voice for the movement. He believed in what he was doing compared to these other players who use it as an excuse.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,671

Post#4 » by Pointgod » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:22 pm

The Ravens owner is an idiot and it a pretty convenient to blame the players kneeling during the anthem to for overall lack of interest in football.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#5 » by cheese318 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:08 pm

If they just signed Kap when Flacco injury occurred in the summer it would have avoided all of this

Pointgod wrote:The Ravens owner is an idiot and it a pretty convenient to blame the players kneeling during the anthem to for overall lack of interest in football.
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Re: RE: Re: Ravens Believe Anthem Protest Has Impacted Home No-Shows 

Post#6 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:25 pm

gokings2010 wrote:I make okay money and didnt vote for Trump. I think this is what they get, although Trump said this would happen. I think if they want to protest they can do it on their own time. I havent seen to many ppl protest outside of the anthem. I would get fired if I protested while being clocked in at my job even if I felt it was right.
Our flag stands for something and it shouldnt be used as a time of protest. Why arent they protesting after the football game? How many of them are actually trying to change what they are protesting? I believe there are a select few that are actually donating money to this charity and that charity and/or speaking out.
Great example actually is Kapernick. He knelt knowing what may happen. He doesnt have a job now. Is that stopping him from doing right and doing his movement. Not at all, this guy has donated to the charity of the cause,hes helped out in bad areas and now hes the lone voice for the movement. He believed in what he was doing compared to these other players who use it as an excuse.
Kap is no martyr. He's just a very marginal QB who's judgment cost him his job. He opted out of his contract and overvalued his own skillset. That's all on him. Now he suing the owners? I mean this is strike three. The guy is just an entitled selfish brat.

You can choose what you want, but you don't get to choose the consequences to your choices.

#life101

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,481

Re: RE: Re: Ravens Believe Anthem Protest Has Impacted Home No-Shows 

Post#7 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:14 pm

BetterCallSkal wrote:
gokings2010 wrote:I make okay money and didnt vote for Trump. I think this is what they get, although Trump said this would happen. I think if they want to protest they can do it on their own time. I havent seen to many ppl protest outside of the anthem. I would get fired if I protested while being clocked in at my job even if I felt it was right.
Kap is no martyr. He's just a very marginal QB who's judgment cost him his job. He opted out of his contract and overvalued his own skillset. That's all on him. Now he suing the owners? I mean this is strike three. The guy is just an entitled selfish brat.

You can choose what you want, but you don't get to choose the consequences to your choices.

#life101

Argument doesn't make sense. Stat wise he the best QB in history left unsigned.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Ravens Believe Anthem Protest Has Impacted Home No-Shows 

Post#8 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:16 pm

Wasabi_Johnson wrote:
BetterCallSkal wrote:

#life101

Makes perfect sense. If you hurt your employers bottom line. How long do you think you're going to be around. This isn't Tom Brady here

kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Ravens Believe Anthem Protest Has Impacted Home No-Shows 

Post#9 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:22 pm

BetterCallSkal wrote:
Wasabi_Johnson wrote:
BetterCallSkal wrote:Kap is no martyr. He's just a very marginal QB who's judgment cost him his job. He opted out of his contract and overvalued his own skillset. That's all on him. Now he suing the owners? I mean this is strike three. The guy is just an entitled selfish brat.

#life101

Makes perfect sense. If you hurt your employers bottom line. How long do you think you're going to be around. This isn't Tom Brady here

Where the proof he hurt the employers bottom line though? 49ers actually sold more tickets in 2016 than previous years. Surely signing worse QBs , Texans , and losing games is worse from the bottom line than selling more tickets.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Ravens Believe Anthem Protest Has Impacted Home No-Shows 

Post#10 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:27 pm

Wasabi_Johnson wrote:
BetterCallSkal wrote:
Wasabi_Johnson wrote:Argument doesn't make sense. Stat wise he the best QB in history left unsigned.

Where the proof he hurt the employers bottom line though? 49ers actually sold more tickets in 2016 than previous years. Surely signing worse QBs , Texans , and losing games is worse from the bottom line than selling more tickets.
The proof is in the stands. The proof is in the fact he's still unsigned. But go ahead feel free to keep your head in the ground and pretend it's something else.

kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Ravens Believe Anthem Protest Has Impacted Home No-Shows 

Post#11 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:32 pm

BetterCallSkal wrote:
Wasabi_Johnson wrote:
BetterCallSkal wrote:Makes perfect sense. If you hurt your employers bottom line. How long do you think you're going to be around. This isn't Tom Brady here

The proof is in the stands. The proof is in the fact he's still unsigned. But go ahead feel free to keep your head in the ground and pretend it's something else.

:lol: :lol: I'm not the one pretending its something else if thats your proof that he hurting bottom line.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion