Checkered History Of Teams With Two Top-5 Picks In Same Draft

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Checkered History Of Teams With Two Top-5 Picks In Same Draft 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:39 pm

Since the common draft era began in 1967, Washington in 2000; the 1994, '92 and '82 Colts; and the 1979 Bills have had a pair of picks in the top-5.

The Cleveland Browns own the first and fifth overall picks in this year's draft.

The 10 players selected in those drafts spent 68 combined seasons in the NFL but played in only 17 Pro Bowls and 17 playoff games for the teams that drafted them. The bulk of those Pro Bowls belong to Marshall Faulk.

The Browns are widely expected to select a quarterback with the first overall pick.

Via Pat McManamon/ESPN

cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Re: Checkered History Of Teams With Two Top-5 Picks In Same Draft 

Post#2 » by cheese318 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:51 am

As a Giant fan I have been following the predraft a lot with the potential of options we can make with the #2 overall selection. Jets as the #3 pick since completing a trade with the Colts to move up. Browns have the #1 pick and the #4 pick in draft and Broncos have the #5 pick in the draft to round out the first five selections in the top five.

You state the Browns have the 5th pick below. Did I miss something? Did a trade happen? Did you make a typo? Happens a lot

The Cleveland Browns own the first and fifth overall picks in this year's draft.
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion