Jason Witten Likely To Retire To Become Monday Night Football Analyst

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Jason Witten Likely To Retire To Become Monday Night Football Analyst 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:05 pm

Jason Witten is considering retirement to join ESPN as a color analyst for Monday Night Football.

Witten has a meeting set on Friday with Jerry Jones to inform him of his decision. It won't become final without Jones' blessing.

Despite having signed a new four-year contract and saying he planned to play beyond this season, Witten has been engaged in talks to become a game analyst with multiple networks, including ESPN, for several weeks, sources said.

"I know this: The burn is strong inside me to play at a high level and to be a part of one of these groups of guys and one of the leaders to see this thing through and go try to compete for a championship," Witten said after the Cowboys' season-ending win against the Philadelphia Eagles on Dec. 31.

"When I wake up tomorrow, that's where my focus will be on as I move forward. It hurts because you don't get a whole lot more opportunities at this and I realize that. But rest assured that I'm going to do everything in my power to help us be better as we move forward. And I think it needs to be clear that it starts with yourself."

Tony Romo similarly retired last offseason to become a color analyst with CBS.

Via Chris Mortensen/ESPN

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion