NFL Considering 15-Yard Penalty For Kneeling During Anthem

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

NFL Considering 15-Yard Penalty For Kneeling During Anthem 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue May 22, 2018 9:28 pm

NFL owners have discussed assessing a 15-yard penalty for players kneeling during the national anthem.

Owners also discussed having the home team decide whether they want players on the field during the anthem at all.

The NFL is being sued by Colin Kaepernick as they are being accused of colluding against him following his anthem protests during the 2016 season.

Via Albert Breer/Sports Illustrated

Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Re: NFL Considering 15-Yard Penalty For Kneeling During Anthem 

Post#2 » by Tom White » Tue May 22, 2018 10:38 pm

If they do, in fact, enforce this, I will be done with the NFL. It would be an infringement on an individual's Freedom of Speech, and a rejection of a persons right to peaceful protest. Not at all surprising in the days of Trump. Hopefully, those end soon.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#3 » by LightTheBeam » Tue May 22, 2018 10:57 pm

Tom White wrote:If they do, in fact, enforce this, I will be done with the NFL. It would be an infringement on an individual's Freedom of Speech, and a rejection of a persons right to peaceful protest. Not at all surprising in the days of Trump. Hopefully, those end soon.

LOL. Say what?

These guys are employees you do realize that right? I don't get to do whatever I want at my office, this has no bearing on Freedom of Speech. You are absolutely free to go get another job that is more in tune with your views.

I love how you mention Trump as if this decision was made with our president in mind. The NFL lost viewers, sponsors, etc... Get mad at your neighbor not our president.
Future Coach
Assistant Coach
And1: 467

Post#4 » by Future Coach » Tue May 22, 2018 11:17 pm

I'm not going to dive into the free speech element of these employees that are working in a collectively bargained work environment

But this is an absolute joke of a response from the NFL. You can't inflict an on-field team penalty to a team for something that occurs outside of when the game is occurring. This is not the NFL penalizing an individual (like in a fine or suspension) for an act outside of the game, but rather the NFL penalizing the team for an act outside of the game. What a joke. Seems like they are throwing potential ideas at the wall and see which one sticks.

The NFL's perception of how to go about public relations is so f'n terrible, and it has been for years.
bran muffin
Starter
And1: 3,441

Post#5 » by bran muffin » Wed May 23, 2018 1:26 am

This is so predictable.

One team will kneel, receiving a 15-yard penalty.

The opposing team will also kneel in a show of solidarity, receiving its own 15-yard penalty to level the playing field.

NFL once again with a pie on its face.
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,885

Post#6 » by MAQ » Wed May 23, 2018 4:45 am

Future Coach wrote:I'm not going to dive into the free speech element of these employees that are working in a collectively bargained work environment

But this is an absolute joke of a response from the NFL. You can't inflict an on-field team penalty to a team for something that occurs outside of when the game is occurring. This is not the NFL penalizing an individual (like in a fine or suspension) for an act outside of the game, but rather the NFL penalizing the team for an act outside of the game. What a joke. Seems like they are throwing potential ideas at the wall and see which one sticks.

The NFL's perception of how to go about public relations is so f'n terrible, and it has been for years.

I agree.

I think the NFL is toying with this idea to imply that the players that are kneeling actually are hurting the team and now they can justify not signing them.

This changes nothing of what you said...But as a fellow idiot, I felt I should share what the other idiots might be thinking.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
DannyAingeIsGod
Junior
And1: 39

Post#7 » by DannyAingeIsGod » Wed May 23, 2018 10:27 am

Tom White wrote:If they do, in fact, enforce this, I will be done with the NFL. It would be an infringement on an individual's Freedom of Speech, and a rejection of a persons right to peaceful protest. Not at all surprising in the days of Trump. Hopefully, those end soon.

Amen
GaaBaaBoo
Senior
And1: 50

Post#8 » by GaaBaaBoo » Wed May 23, 2018 4:43 pm

This is the best they can come up with? I mean after brainstorm for how many months?
davidavydave
Sophomore
And1: 32

Post#9 » by davidavydave » Wed May 23, 2018 5:38 pm

As Charlamagne tha God would so eloquently put it...these cracker ass crackers up top just don't get it.....I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL owners collectively earn the title of DONKEY OF THE DAY.

THE NFL IS A FUC.KING JOKE......but damnit I still need to watch the games. It's still such an incredibly beautiful and pure game, but unfortunately is run and operated by maybe some of the worst people in the country. They don't even care about their own perception anymore. They have made it extremely clear and transparent that they are just worried about ratings/ sponsorships/ money. I guess they're good businessmen, but they're terrible people.

The vote was unanimous by the way. Not a single owner stepped up.....absolutely reprehensible.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion