Ben Roethlisberger Cut Sugar, Carbs To Help Prolong Career

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Ben Roethlisberger Cut Sugar, Carbs To Help Prolong Career 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:12 pm

In an effort to help prolong his playing career, Ben Roethlisberger cut sugar and carbs from his diet this offseason.

Roethlisberger, 36, worked with a personal trainer this summer.

"Knees, ankles, being lighter -- those are all positives when it comes to this age and playing football, where you're pounding on your knees and you've had a couple of knee surgeries," he said. "Anything you can do to lighten the load on your knees is important."

Roethlisberger confirmed he has lost weight but wouldn't reveal the number.

Via Jeremy Fowler/ESPN

rotty
Head Coach
And1: 35,090

Re: Ben Roethlisberger Cut Sugar, Carbs To Help Prolong Career 

Post#2 » by rotty » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:20 pm

Refined sugar, sure. But Carbs? thats BS. I dont think he cut his carbs otherwise his brain wouldnt function
ripwesternny
Freshman
And1: 13

Re: Ben Roethlisberger Cut Sugar, Carbs To Help Prolong Career 

Post#3 » by ripwesternny » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:10 pm

rottweiler93 wrote:Refined sugar, sure. But Carbs? thats BS. I dont think he cut his carbs otherwise his brain wouldnt function

I don't think his brain has functioned since that motorcycle accident. Otherwise, this guy would have retired after the severe beatings he has taken over the years. Honestly, what does he have left to prove? He's got the super bowls and Steelers are contenders every year since at least 2005. I think carbs are the least of his worries but I eat a carb free diet and so far I think my brain is working fine.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion