Aaron Rodgers Supports NBA Style Soft Cap For NFL

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Aaron Rodgers Supports NBA Style Soft Cap For NFL 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Aug 8, 2018 1:29 pm

Aaron Rodgers believes the NFL should eliminate its hard cap in favor of a soft cap system similar to the NBA. The NFL believes the hard cap creates parity.

“We have sort of a tough situation,” he said. “I think one thing you could definitely look at that would influence the way contracts are done is a hard cap versus a non-hard cap—like the NBA, where there’s a cap, then there’s luxury tax.”

Rodgers, who invested in the Milwaukee Bucks, believes teams that go above the cap should do with a penalty.

“I would allow teams to go over the cap knowing if they do, since there’s not a hard cap, they are going to be faced with some luxury tax issues and they’d change their strategy. It’s not like we’re hurting—just like the NBA, we’re not hurting for revenue. We’re doing excellent in the NFL and the NBA is doing fantastic as well.”

Via Kevin Clark/The Ringer

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Re: Aaron Rodgers Supports NBA Style Soft Cap For NFL 

Post#2 » by Sam195 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 2:47 am

Yep Aaron your not hurting with the bad press about kneeling. And I wonder if you know that a soft cap and luxury tax system heavily favors big market teams and would screw over your Packers but I guess as long you get paid with a nice fat fully guaranteed contract everything is good right?
page
Junior
And1: 163

Re: Aaron Rodgers Supports NBA Style Soft Cap For NFL 

Post#3 » by page » Thu Aug 9, 2018 9:19 am

Hard cap is definitely an upgrade over soft cap/faux cap/no cap scenarios.
Cowboys would benefit, though.
KyletheDingbat wrote:Russell almost takes faith to believe in, because the stats aren't there but the evidence is. So he's sort of a litmus test for if you're a basketball atheist or believer. I'm a believer.

cp3Nme wrote:how big is outdoor? can hold millions.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion