Tom Brady Not Ready To Place Expectations On Josh Gordon

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Tom Brady Not Ready To Place Expectations On Josh Gordon 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:44 pm

The New England Patriots traded for Josh Gordon on Monday, but Tom Brady isn\'t going to place unrealistic expectations on his new receiver.

\"You know, I hate to make projections and expectations. That\'s not fair,\" Brady said. \"I\'ve never met Josh personally, just like I hadn\'t met some of the guys that have come in the last couple weeks. So we\'ll see how it goes this week and hopefully he can work hard, put the team first and end up helping us in any role that he can find for himself on the team.\"

Brady pointed out that it will take time to develop chemistry with Gordon.

\"Any time you get someone in the middle of the season, there\'s obviously a lot of things that have happened that have got the team to a certain point that they weren\'t a part of,\" Brady said. \"So you know, I\'m not sure how many of those things matter, but you\'d like to try to get up to speed as quickly as possible and it\'s really up to the individuals... You know all these things need to play themselves out. I\'m not going to project anything. I\'m just going to try to go be the positive, enthusiastic leader that I am and try to be a great quarterback and try to embrace whoever\'s on the team. And we\'ve all got to play a lot better than we played yesterday and that\'s really where our focus should be.\"

Via Kevin Patra/NFL

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion