Browns Deny Stealing \'Philly Special\' Play From Eagles

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Browns Deny Stealing \'Philly Special\' Play From Eagles 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:25 pm

Hue Jackson says he didn\'t take Thursday\'s night successful two-point conversion play from the Philadelphia Eagles.

The Cleveland Browns momentarily tied their game with the New York Jets with a two-point conversion that resembled the \"Philly Special\" the Eagles used in Super Bowl LII and again in Week 1 of this season.

Baker Mayfield played the role of Nick Foles, catching a pass in the end zone.

\"We did not steal that from them,\" Jackson said after Cleveland broke their losing streak. \"Please. I know everybody wants to think that. We have had that in our back pocket for a while. Go check my tricks from before, and go check [offensive coordinator Todd Haley\'s] tricks from before. We all have them. It is just when you pull them out and use them. That is what that is.\"

Teams used the play before the Eagles, but they\'ve become associated with the play since it was used on an international stage.

Via Mike Florio/Pro Football Talk

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,705

Re: Browns Deny Stealing \'Philly Special\' Play From Eagles 

Post#2 » by the_process » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:07 am

Of course they borrowed it. As they should. The play keeps working!
theo42
Pro Prospect
And1: 253

Re: Browns Deny Stealing \'Philly Special\' Play From Eagles 

Post#3 » by theo42 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:33 pm

People really are stupid.

This is not a new play...because the Eagles added a dumb name to it, doesn't mean they thought it up. The Patriots ran it to Tom Brady AGAINST THE EAGLES twice in recent years....i guess Philly stole it.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion