Re: Ezekiel Elliott Becomes First Offensive Player Called For Helmet Hit

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Ezekiel Elliott Becomes First Offensive Player Called For Helmet Hit 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:01 pm

For the first time all season, an offensive player was flagged for lowering his helmet on Sunday.

Ezekiel Elliott was flagged for lowering his head to initiate contact against the Philadelphia Eagles.

He hit safety Corey Graham at the end of a 14-yard pass. Elliott missed five plays after the hit.

\"I mean when you\'re on that sideline, I\'ve got to protect myself,\" Elliott said. \"And if a guy\'s going low, I\'ve got to go low, too. The rule is meant for the betterment of the game. The rule is for our safety, and if there was illegal helmet-to-helmet contact on there, that\'s something I need to go look at and work on. That\'s not OK. It\'s just a tough play.\"

Through the first 13 weeks of the season, ESPN\'s research found that just 10 flags were thrown for lowering the helmet. Until Elliott, all were on defensive players.

Via Charean Williams/Pro Football Talk

Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Re: Ezekiel Elliott Becomes First Offensive Player Called For Helmet Hit 

Post#2 » by Barcs » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:34 pm

About time. I'm tired of the double standards where offensive players can nail defenders with their helmet and essentially punch them in the face with stiff arms, and nobody bats an eye, but if a defender does anything close to that it's an egregious penalty and they are fined, penalized etc etc. Football steadily going down hill because of bull like this. You wonder why scoring is at an all time high and defense is just an afterthought. Might as well just get rid of defense and kickers and turn it into a skills competition.

And while we're at it, lets remove pitching from baseball and just make it a home run derby. Why have defense at all, ever? Ignorant morons only care about high scoring and they are the people trying to be to suckered in to these sports since 90% of all people are (Please Use More Appropriate Word).
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion